Putting all formalities aside...

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Putting all formalities aside...

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 29th, 2012, 3:26 pm

WSU sure is loading up on JUCOs. They've become the JUCO-U of the Valley. Probably makes sense since it is hard to sell kids who want a traditional college experience on a commuter school.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » October 29th, 2012, 3:52 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:WSU sure is loading up on JUCOs. They've become the JUCO-U of the Valley. Probably makes sense since it is hard to sell kids who want a traditional college experience on a commuter school.

Your comment is pretty rough, big boy. Pretty rough.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » October 29th, 2012, 4:19 pm

moshock wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Sounds like two years ago when you said the Shocks were so deep they had the two best teams in the Valley. Bears beat em both twice to go 4-0 by that line of thinking. Keep posting; you're the funniest guy on here. :dance: :D

Was that the same year the Bears went to the NCAA's ? :bow:

No I think that was the year Shaka 1st made Gregg his bitch.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CBB_Fan » October 29th, 2012, 7:37 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
moshock wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Sounds like two years ago when you said the Shocks were so deep they had the two best teams in the Valley. Bears beat em both twice to go 4-0 by that line of thinking. Keep posting; you're the funniest guy on here. :dance: :D

Was that the same year the Bears went to the NCAA's ? :bow:

No I think that was the year Shaka 1st made Gregg his bitch.

I think MSU would be happy losing to an eventual Final Four team by one point (second game that year actually against a Final Four team WSU could have won), especially with what happened afterwards. Shaka's a good coach though, and his gameplan worked great against the Shockers. In the tournament, he managed to get Stutz off his game early, and Stutz really needed a good start to games in order to do well (not sure why, but early fouls almost always made him much less effective).
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby C0|db|00ded » October 29th, 2012, 10:19 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:WSU sure is loading up on JUCOs. They've become the JUCO-U of the Valley. Probably makes sense since it is hard to sell kids who want a traditional college experience on a commuter school.

I could offer a pithy rebuttal but I think I'll let Mr. Early do the talking when he arrives at the Missing Link Center this year. You might want to get his autograph, there's a good chance he will have his own NBA trading card some day.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » October 31st, 2012, 10:04 pm

Two quick comments on the content of this thread:

1. You simply have to love 6'7" athletes who can shoot the three and defend.

2. This site is where judges in 'Sedgewick' County send Shocker fans to do their community service. Without those benevolent sentences, this place would be a ghost town and everyone knows it.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball