Putting all formalities aside...

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Putting all formalities aside...

Postby Aargh » October 26th, 2012, 11:32 pm

There are so many ignorant posts in this thread, I have no clue which I should quote.

I know Cold doesn't have a great reputation on any Valley message board, but he's pretty much posting what I saw at Shocker Madness.

Let's go through the "legitimate" weaknesses of the Shox this year.

"The Shox lost all their scoring" 11/23 from 3 and a lot of those were contested. Jake White was making them when he was getting knocked on his ass and landed out of bounds after shooting. Cleanthony Early was above 50%, Armstead was above 50%. The Shox are slashing to the basket for high percentage shots like never before. Armstead, Early, and Hall were getting to the hoop. Armstead has an uncanny REALLY high arching mid-range shot over the trees in the lane.

"The Shox lost all their rebounding" Hall is more active on rebounding than last year. Orukpe will get more minutes. Early is one of the most explosive leapers I've seen in a Shocker uniform. Jake White is a high BBIQ guy who put on a bunch of weight and tends to get to the right spot. Rebounding should be better this year.

I've never seen the team this advanced, playing this much within the system, playing as much D, and hitting it as hard as this year's scrimmage. There are more sky walkers, more glass eaters, more shooters, more slashers, and harder defenders than I've seen before, including last year and 2006.

If you think the Shox are a .500 team, please ask your coach just before the Christmas break - just before Valley play starts. I doubt there will be a coach in the Valley projecting the Shox at .500 - or even .667.

I've watched enough Valley games to know that both teams I watched last night would be top-half Valley teams.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEARZ77 » October 27th, 2012, 8:38 am

I find this whole thread hilarious. If you go over to Shocker Nation you will find post after post , usually spearheaded by Cold, about what a lame site this is, how they wouldn't waste their time reading or posting here, and how WSU and Shocker fans are universally treated with un-provoked prejudice and malice here. But with the season closing in, here we go.......... . They're better than the Sunday Comic strips.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 27th, 2012, 8:58 am

BEARZ77 wrote:I find this whole thread hilarious. If you go over to Shocker Nation you will find post after post , usually spearheaded by Cold, about what a lame site this is, how they wouldn't waste their time reading or posting here, and how WSU and Shocker fans are universally treated with un-provoked prejudice and malice here. But with the season closing in, here we go.......... . They're better than the Sunday Comic strips.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Then you will also find a very insensitive thread about their "All White Guy Team" which I guess is their all time best white guys. It is 2012, you would think we would be past all of that. Shaking my head. But yeah they hate this board because you know it allows for other opinions. They prefer to live in a North Korean style regime it would appear...at least with message boards. Oh well.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » October 27th, 2012, 9:54 am

Doesn't anyone just want to talk basketball? My sincere appreciation goes out to ictJay as he put out a REAL and unbiased analysis on what he saw in Wichita. I always come here hoping to see someone put an analysis on here so that basketball discussion will occur, but threads get derailed before they can even get going. Let's hear about the bears! If not here, then perhaps we can discuss over a steak dinner?

By the way…on the entire first page of this forum there isn't ONE SINGLE thread discussing a team other than WSU. There are polls on players and coaches and analysis of media rankings, but NOT ONE single thread about a fan bases thoughts ON THEIR OWN TEAM except the Shockers.

Sharing the analysis of your team is what could make this sight interesting, but it appears that many would rather bring up mindless topics from other fan forums than discuss what they are bringing to the court this year.
Last edited by Wufan on October 27th, 2012, 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » October 27th, 2012, 9:55 am

Did I read somewhere that Hall has a possible injury problem and his minutes might have to be limited? Is that true? If so that's a huge blow. To me he is the Shox most important player this coming year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » October 27th, 2012, 9:56 am

C0|db|00ded wrote:You may as well crown us now. (Just got back from Shocker Madness)

Valley, you aren't going to know what hit ya.

Sincerely,

T

...:cool:

I'm glad you were able to get so much enjoyment from watching your team playing with itself.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » October 27th, 2012, 10:04 am

glm38 wrote:Did I read somewhere that Hall has a possible injury problem and his minutes might have to be limited? Is that true? If so that's a huge blow. To me he is the Shox most important player this coming year.

Not exactly. Hall has a heart condition which is why he was granted a sixth year of eligibility. There is some belief that playing him 30 minutes a game is unlikely due to the pre-existing condition. He will play as many minutes as he is able to be effective.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » October 27th, 2012, 10:41 am

BUDude wrote:Whatever. Shox are a .500 valley team at best this year.

Someone save this quote.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 27th, 2012, 10:53 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:I find this whole thread hilarious. If you go over to Shocker Nation you will find post after post , usually spearheaded by Cold, about what a lame site this is, how they wouldn't waste their time reading or posting here, and how WSU and Shocker fans are universally treated with un-provoked prejudice and malice here. But with the season closing in, here we go.......... . They're better than the Sunday Comic strips.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Then you will also find a very insensitive thread about their "All White Guy Team" which I guess is their all time best white guys. It is 2012, you would think we would be past all of that. Shaking my head. But yeah they hate this board because you know it allows for other opinions. They prefer to live in a North Korean style regime it would appear...at least with message boards. Oh well.

There's also some moron who states that Orupke and Carl Hall are the best front court in the MVC. :huh:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » October 27th, 2012, 11:02 am

Wufan wrote:
glm38 wrote:Did I read somewhere that Hall has a possible injury problem and his minutes might have to be limited? Is that true? If so that's a huge blow. To me he is the Shox most important player this coming year.

Not exactly. Hall has a heart condition which is why he was granted a sixth year of eligibility. There is some belief that playing him 30 minutes a game is unlikely due to the pre-existing condition. He will play as many minutes as he is able to be effective.

Thanks. Good info. Hope hes healthy for his senior year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball