Putting all formalities aside...

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Putting all formalities aside...

Postby Wufan » October 27th, 2012, 11:40 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:I find this whole thread hilarious. If you go over to Shocker Nation you will find post after post , usually spearheaded by Cold, about what a lame site this is, how they wouldn't waste their time reading or posting here, and how WSU and Shocker fans are universally treated with un-provoked prejudice and malice here. But with the season closing in, here we go.......... . They're better than the Sunday Comic strips.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Then you will also find a very insensitive thread about their "All White Guy Team" which I guess is their all time best white guys. It is 2012, you would think we would be past all of that. Shaking my head. But yeah they hate this board because you know it allows for other opinions. They prefer to live in a North Korean style regime it would appear...at least with message boards. Oh well.

There's also some moron who states that Orupke and Carl Hall are the best front court in the MVC. :huh:

There was a poster from Illinois State that said the same thing about their front court. Seven teams feel like their team causes "match-up" problems for other schools at the SF. This is the time of year to be excited about your team! I for one appreciate those that actually feel like sharing their opinion about their own team rather than those posters that can only dismiss everyone else.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby C0|db|00ded » October 27th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Wufan wrote:By the way…on the entire first page of this forum there isn't ONE SINGLE thread discussing a team other than WSU. There are polls on players and coaches and analysis of media rankings, but NOT ONE single thread about a fan bases thoughts ON THEIR OWN TEAM except the Shockers.

Let's be honest, it's intimidating to post thoughts on your team when you see what the Shocks are bringing to the Valley race this year. Most everybody on this forum has been to ShockerNet, so they know about our loaded roster. Our team is so sick, even I cannot hype them. My exuberance merely comes across as "reporting the news". That's the kind of situation we are talking about. The Valley has some pretty competitive teams this year like Illinois St. and BJ. But even their fanbases cannot hoop and holler if they've been over to ShockerNet. The situation just looks too scary.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » October 27th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Sounds like two years ago when you said the Shocks were so deep they had the two best teams in the Valley. Bears beat em both twice to go 4-0 by that line of thinking. Keep posting; you're the funniest guy on here. :dance: :D
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby moshock » October 27th, 2012, 5:00 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Sounds like two years ago when you said the Shocks were so deep they had the two best teams in the Valley. Bears beat em both twice to go 4-0 by that line of thinking. Keep posting; you're the funniest guy on here. :dance: :D

Was that the same year the Bears went to the NCAA's ? :bow:
moshock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WuShock Reaper » October 27th, 2012, 5:23 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Sounds like two years ago when you said the Shocks were so deep they had the two best teams in the Valley. Bears beat em both twice to go 4-0 by that line of thinking. Keep posting; you're the funniest guy on here. :dance: :D

Hey that reminds me. Where's Will Creekmore? Oh here he is: http://murrayledger.com/sports/murray_s ... 03286.html
WuShock Reaper
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » October 27th, 2012, 7:28 pm

I just don't know how the Bars can be stopped. Way too much fire power.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » October 27th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:I just don't know how the Bars can be stopped. Way too much fire power.

Which Bear fan said that? We've got some very good young players but I don't think I've seen anyone predict we'll be "unstoppable" this year. Too young and inexperienced.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shocker_Phi » October 28th, 2012, 8:40 pm

glm38 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:I just don't know how the Bars can be stopped. Way too much fire power.

Which Bear fan said that? We've got some very good young players but I don't think I've seen anyone predict we'll be "unstoppable" this year. Too young and inexperienced.

I'm pretty sure he's making fun of BEARZ77 post.

ZING POW!
Shocker_Phi
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby C0|db|00ded » October 29th, 2012, 2:26 pm

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » October 29th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Great stat padding move. Misses the rim purposely from 2 ft. out to nab another rebound.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball