SIU's Dantiel Daniels may miss season

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » October 28th, 2012, 10:09 am

This would be terrible news for the SIU. As reported in the exhibition game report:

A year ago, the Salukis were typically led in scoring by a front-court player. Tonight, however, the guards scored all but 11 of the team's points. SIU started a four-guard lineup with no player taller than 6-foot-6, and Hinson acknowledged that he's worried that projected starting forward Dantiel Daniels may be out for the season with an injury. Daniels led the conference in blocks last season and made the All-Freshman team.

"I'm really worried about our depth with our big guys," he said. "I think we're going to have to learn how to play some zone."

http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-bask ... 12aaa.html
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SIU's Dantiel Daniels may miss season

Postby Ricardo del Rio » October 28th, 2012, 1:57 pm

MVCfans wrote:This would be terrible news for the SIU. As reported in the exhibition game report:

A year ago, the Salukis were typically led in scoring by a front-court player. Tonight, however, the guards scored all but 11 of the team's points. SIU started a four-guard lineup with no player taller than 6-foot-6, and Hinson acknowledged that he's worried that projected starting forward Dantiel Daniels may be out for the season with an injury. Daniels led the conference in blocks last season and made the All-Freshman team.

"I'm really worried about our depth with our big guys," he said. "I think we're going to have to learn how to play some zone."

http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-bask ... 12aaa.html

Drat. I am a Coach Hinson fan. Like Coach Simmons, he gets more out of less.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball