CU's Secret Scrimmage

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: CU's Secret Scrimmage

Postby LJay » October 29th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Ahhhh, a Coach McDermott hater/UNI fan quoting a post on the Iowa board that supports his desired outcome.

Sounds like all the political shiiiit we've been buried under the last few months.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 29th, 2012, 9:00 pm

johnnydugouts wrote:i pick my topics carefully. you can read my posting history and decide if you want to believe me or not.

i suspect that creighton will be good this year with McDermott finally eligible to play after sitting out the mandatory two years per conference rules and with two other players who didnt start their career there.

The agenda is now exposed.

Let the whining continue.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby johnnydugouts » October 29th, 2012, 10:05 pm

no agenda. my report was completely accurate. feel free to chime in if you heard differently from someone that would know.

not a UNI fan either, although i live somewhat close and like what theyve done up there. i was just letting you have it a little.
johnnydugouts
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby C0|db|00ded » October 29th, 2012, 10:11 pm

johnnydugouts wrote:no agenda. my report was completely accurate. feel free to chime in if you heard differently from someone that would know.

not a UNI fan either, although i live somewhat close and like what theyve done up there. i was just letting you have it a little.

Johnny, go easy on the BJ fans. They are fresh off their first victory in the NCAA since... umm.. Let's just say they are 1-5 in their last 6 NCAA games and they are on an emotional upswing. Tread carefully here...

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 30th, 2012, 8:04 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:Is your comment a sling or arrow?

I'd call it a retaliatory blast.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » October 30th, 2012, 12:28 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:Johnny, go easy on the BJ fans. They are fresh off their first victory in the NCAA since... umm.. Let's just say they are 1-5 in their last 6 NCAA games and they are on an emotional upswing. Tread carefully here...

T

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Look at the Shucker making fun of CU's recent NCAA history. Now, let's take a look at WSU's recent NCAA history. Let's just take a look at their last three NCAA appearances to make it simple:

2012 = One and done

2006 = Sweet 16. Very nice but kinda blew the opportunity for a big splash by allowing George Mason to become the first mid-major Final 4 team since Larry Bird.

1988 = One and done.

What's that you say, "That's a hell of a lot of years between 2006 and 1988?" "Most people posting on this site weren't alive in 1988?" "They were still wearing "booty shorts" in 1988?" All of those statements are true!!

CU's close losses in the NCAA the last dozen years have been tough but it sure was fun having the opportunity and the wins have been sweet.

GO JAYS!!!!
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » October 30th, 2012, 1:43 pm

LJay wrote:
C0|db|00ded wrote:Johnny, go easy on the BJ fans. They are fresh off their first victory in the NCAA since... umm.. Let's just say they are 1-5 in their last 6 NCAA games and they are on an emotional upswing. Tread carefully here...

T

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Look at the shocker making fun of CU's recent NCAA history. Now, let's take a look at WSU's recent NCAA history. Let's just take a look at their last three NCAA appearances to make it simple:

2012 = One and done

2006 = Sweet 16. Very nice but kinda blew the opportunity for a big splash by allowing George Mason to become the first mid-major Final 4 team since Larry Bird.

1988 = One and done.

What's that you say, "That's a hell of a lot of years between 2006 and 1988?" "Most people posting on this site weren't alive in 1988?" "They were still wearing "booty shorts" in 1988?" All of those statements are true!!

CU's close losses in the NCAA the last dozen years have been tough but it sure was fun having the opportunity and the wins have been sweet.

GO JAYS!!!!

:+1:

While we are at it....let's just discuss how many MVC tourneys the shockers have won. :lol:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » October 30th, 2012, 2:44 pm

Hearing a BJ fan use the term "one and done" in a pejorative manner against another MVC team makes me giggle.

Also, hearing a BJ fan tout their ability to get hot over a weekend thus winning the NCAA tournament welfare ticket also makes me giggle.

That's two giggles for me on a Tuesday afternoon. Thanks guys! :dance:

A quick giggle-free question: When was the last time BJ won the MVC Championship? You know, the body of work that determines who the best team was in the conference? Wasn't it like 13 years ago?

One last giggle-free question if I may: How many times has BJ finished ahead of Wichita State in the conference standings in the last 10 years?

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » October 30th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Glad we got the little girl to "giggle" although instead of "giggling" try and answer the question posed to you instead of throwing out another.

What did winning the MVC conf champ get you last year. A very nice feat indeed but what it got you was another early exit in St Lou and a great seed in the tourney only to piss it down your leg as always! :dance: :rock: (giggle)
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » October 30th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Booty Shorts...new name for Cold.

Hey Booty Shorts, that was a pretty weak comeback. I have no idea what the answers are to your questions. I keep track of NCAA appearances.

Okay, I'm back, you made me drive all the way to the CU campus to count the number of MVC regular season championship trophies in the CU trophy case. I found the following regular season championship trophies there:

2008-09
2001-02
2000-01
1990-91
1988-89
1977-78

There are eight more MVC regular season championships from the 30's and 40's.

Here were the MVC Conference Tournament Championship Trophies I found:

1978, 1981, 1989, 1991, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2012

Booty Shorts, I'll have to leave it to you to tell me how many times CU has finished in front of WSU or vice versa over the last 10 years. I don't have the time or inclination to look it up. I do know that Creighton has finished no worse than 4th in the MVC for 15 straight years.

Thanks for playing Booty Shorts!!
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball