CU's Secret Scrimmage

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: CU's Secret Scrimmage

Postby C0|db|00ded » October 29th, 2012, 2:15 pm

johnnydugouts wrote:katz needs to check his sources.

there were two sessions followed by situational practice. the iowa regular rotation beat the CU regular rotation, but the CU backups beat the iowa backups.

overall, it was evenly contested

Thanks for the scoop Johnny! I would have expected Iowa to give BJ everything they can handle. Beyond a couple players, BJ starts to run out of offensive firepower quickly. And we already know about their defense. If the lil' wookie was called upon to help stop a potent PF, it wouldn't have ended well. If only CY had four arms.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 29th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Did WSU really lose to South Dakota State?

Must not have been a neutral court.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » October 29th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Thanks for the scoop Johnny! I would have expected Iowa to give BJ everything they can handle. Beyond a couple players, BJ starts to run out of offensive firepower quickly. And we already know about their defense. If the lil' wookie was called upon to help stop a potent PF, it wouldn't have ended well. If only CY had four arms.

:lol: It's so sad but yet so comical! :lol:

Cold is so worried about the mighty Jays that he is quoting a dude that has a total of 3 post and probably a troll. Oh wait a minute, trolls run together don't they. I should know better then feed them.

If you ain't on board by now you better hurry because the Jay Train leaves the gate soon and there will be no stopping it!

:wave:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby johnnydugouts » October 29th, 2012, 3:59 pm

first team = rotation like you will see when real games start

2nd team= rotation featuring backups

i didnt think this actually required explanation, but i am happy to provide it.
johnnydugouts
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Ricardo del Rio » October 29th, 2012, 4:03 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Did WSU really lose to South Dakota State?

Must not have been a neutral court.

Is your comment a sling or arrow?
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » October 29th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Well I don't know if I like hearing Iowa was hanging with Creighton. That just makes our schedule that much tougher, and I hate Hawk fans so much that I love when we kick their a**.

As for SDSU they are actually a very good team. I believe they are predicted to win the Summit. They were 27-8 and made the tournament last year.

I actually wish UNI would hold one of these scrimmages. I think they would learn more from this than playing Briar Cliff or Northern State.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CBB_Fan » October 29th, 2012, 7:40 pm

From what I hear, WSU-SDSU had two sessions. SDSU won one, WSU the other. I think SDSU is at least a tournament team, and maybe the Murray State of this year if all goes well, so I'm happy that the Shocks at least got a chance at real competition, even if they really didn't have their game day lineup. Wins and losses at this point matter less than the coach and team getting some chance to cut their teeth and hopefully improve.

Personally, though it would be for the fans I would prefer more of these scrimmages against real opponents than exhibition games. Heck, if schools could convince in-state powerhouses (*cough* KU *cough*) it could really good for both teams without the usual ego problems and potential ramifications of a real game.
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby LJay » October 29th, 2012, 7:48 pm

johnnydugouts wrote:first team = rotation like you will see when real games start

2nd team= rotation featuring backups

i didnt think this actually required explanation, but i am happy to provide it.

Andy Katz thanks you for setting him straight. Andy Katz obviously should have consulted with you before smearing the good name of the Iowa Hawkeyes. Andy Katz will call you prior to writing anything further for ESPN. Andy Katz would like you to forgive him for his egregious error, will you forgive Andy Katz?
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby johnnydugouts » October 29th, 2012, 8:20 pm

i grew up an iowa state fan

i suspect the katz' sources were tweets from matt perrault. god help him.
johnnydugouts
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby johnnydugouts » October 29th, 2012, 8:23 pm

i pick my topics carefully. you can read my posting history and decide if you want to believe me or not.

i suspect that creighton will be good this year with McDermott finally eligible to play after sitting out the mandatory two years per conference rules and with two other players who didnt start their career there.
johnnydugouts
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball