MVC Preseason Poll

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Preseason Poll

Postby C0|db|00ded » October 29th, 2012, 2:35 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
C0|db|00ded wrote:I heard that cheers rang out from the Shocker locker room when the OFFICIAL MVC PRESEASON POLL was released because they were expecting to be picked 9th.

T

...:cool:

Laugh it up. You'll finish closer to 9th than where you were picked. If South Dakota State can work you over behind closed doors then I think the league will be mighty tough for the boys from Sedgewick County.

Saved.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » October 29th, 2012, 2:36 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
C0|db|00ded wrote:I heard that cheers rang out from the Shocker locker room when the OFFICIAL MVC PRESEASON POLL was released because they were expecting to be picked 9th.

T

Laugh it up. You'll finish closer to 9th than where you were picked. If South Dakota State can work you over behind closed doors then I think the league will be mighty tough for the boys from Sedgewick County.

So you're saying that Missouri St. finishes ahead of WSU?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 29th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Yes, that is how I see it playing out. And you know I will be here eating crow if it unfolds differently. But I really don't believe that to be the case. By all accounts we were very, very good in Costa Rica. I think we are a year ahead of schedule in Lusk's reloading plan. In any case this is like Christmas for me because the games are finally starting and I really excited to watch our young kids grow up.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » October 29th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Here is a comparison of my picks, your picks, and the media poll that was released today:

The MVC Report - Comparing preseason MVC picks – fans vs media
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » October 29th, 2012, 4:38 pm

MVCfans wrote:Here is a comparison of my picks, your picks, and the media poll that was released today:

The MVC Report - Comparing preseason MVC picks – fans vs media

I just updated the post to include a nice video of the All-MVC team that was put together by Derrick Docket. Worth a look.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Wufan » October 29th, 2012, 5:08 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Yes, that is how I see it playing out. And you know I will be here eating crow if it unfolds differently. But I really don't believe that to be the case. By all accounts we were very, very good in Costa Rica. I think we are a year ahead of schedule in Lusk's reloading plan. In any case this is like Christmas for me because the games are finally starting and I really excited to watch our young kids grow up.

Casey,

How are Chiefs doing? AFC West Champions or crow for lunch? I've never seen such a bold prediction go so horribly wrong!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » October 29th, 2012, 5:58 pm

I really see no surprises here.

You could argue UNI vs ISU all day, but in the end preseason rankings mean nothing.

I didn't remember Tyler Brown from ISU, but that could be because in 3 games against us he only had 13 total points. After looking at his stats from last year he was clearly a very good player.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » October 29th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Wufan wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Yes, that is how I see it playing out. And you know I will be here eating crow if it unfolds differently. But I really don't believe that to be the case. By all accounts we were very, very good in Costa Rica. I think we are a year ahead of schedule in Lusk's reloading plan. In any case this is like Christmas for me because the games are finally starting and I really excited to watch our young kids grow up.

Casey,

How are Chiefs doing? AFC West Champions or crow for lunch? I've never seen such a bold prediction go so horribly wrong!

If the Chiefs are smart they will lose out to get the chance at Barkley, but it is the Chiefs and they will be just good enough to not get a top pick.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CBB_Fan » October 29th, 2012, 8:54 pm

shocktheheart wrote:If the Chiefs are smart they will lose out to get the chance at Barkley, but it is the Chiefs and they will be just good enough to not get a top pick.

No, I think they get the #1 overall. QB draft this year is nothing compared to last year though, and they'll probably either pick Matt Cassel 2.0 (#7 USC QB named Matt, bad karma), or a DE. They are 3-4 years from finishing the next cycle and starting over.

As a Chiefs fan, I am very pessimistic. But don't forget, I can link to articles that say the Chiefs had "superbowl talent." They were supposed to be good this year, but the combination of piss poor coaching, horrible QB play, and a lackluster GM with a huge ego have doomed any chance for this team. They need a total flush.
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » October 29th, 2012, 10:04 pm

Casey...it was a good trip to Costa Rica for MSU but to try and garner much out of the games would be a mistake.

Personally I don't understand the love for Illinois State. Yes, they played well in the MVC Tourney and a game in the NIT. But they were one shot away from being a play in team last year and lost Nic Moore. I would have them 4th behind CU, UNI and Wichita.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball