If you lost your Star Player before conference...?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: If you lost your Star Player before conference...?

Postby Wufan » November 21st, 2012, 6:03 pm

I'm thrilled and surprised that Evansville won their last three without Colt. I don't see a .500 team without Colt which is far below expectation. I stand by my prediction, and hopefully Colt will be back soon so that neither of us has to find out who is correct.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sixth ace » November 21st, 2012, 6:49 pm

Wufan wrote:I'm thrilled and surprised that Evansville won their last three without Colt. I don't see a .500 team without Colt which is far below expectation. I stand by my prediction, and hopefully Colt will be back soon so that neither of us has to find out who is correct.

Although I used your 'contrary' statement as a quote, it wasn't strictly aim at anyone. I just wish to point out that if your star player goes out with an injury,any coaching staff,even the lowest paid one, should be able to redesign a game plan that produces wins. There are 12 other players recruited for the team. Combined if they can't produce a winning game plan without 1 player than the whole coaching staff should be released.

Let me repeated THIS IS AN IGNORANT QUESTION to begin with. If I'm not wrong,it was introduce by the WSU valley boys. Need say anything more?
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » November 21st, 2012, 9:01 pm

Wufan wrote:
LJay wrote:
shockem wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say that the primary goal is to make the ncaa tournament.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I have followed CU basketball since 1968 and the primary goal in my book has always been to make the NCAA tournament. What else is there except to play for a national championship?

Conference titles are a solid second and should be cherished. Winning in St. Louis has made all those trips major league fun and equates to a program that is constantly improving all year and peaking at the right time so is important and a solid third.

After that, pounding on the Shox comes in fourth. :dance:

For the Jays, the primary goal should win 2 in a row in the NCAA tourney. That would be a feat never before accomplished in the history of Creighton basketball...or is that just pie in the sky?

......Says the fan of the team with a 5 seed not making it past the first/second round last year. :bounce:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 21st, 2012, 11:22 pm

That was last year and it was disappointing. I'm glad the Jays were able to match their all time best with one win!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » November 22nd, 2012, 10:52 am

Wufan wrote:That was last year and it was disappointing. I'm glad the Jays were able to match their all time best with one win!

Want to make a bet on who is "disappointed" this year?

:Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 23rd, 2012, 9:10 am

Jays26 wrote:
Wufan wrote:That was last year and it was disappointing. I'm glad the Jays were able to match their all time best with one win!

I'm sure it won't be the Jays. It's hard not to be disappointed when the the expectations are just to make it to the weekend.

This is fun!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » November 23rd, 2012, 9:41 am

Wufan wrote:
Jays26 wrote:

I'm sure it won't be the Jays. It's hard not to be disappointed when the the expectations are just to make it to the weekend.

This is fun!

Yes, this is fun....which Weekend????? I have a feeling the Jays are shooting for a weekend in late March.

The Shoxs and their fans need to start hoping they just make it to Sunday in St. Lou! :dance:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » November 23rd, 2012, 11:39 am

While Sunday in St. Louis needs to happen, I don't think it's the be-all, end-all of all goals. I''d gladly continue to take Valley regular season titles, which are just as good as autobids, and proves a team's entire worth over the course of the season, rather than just 3 days in St. Louis.

It would have been interesting to see Creighton get VCU in the first round last year. I don't think it would have been quite as easy as Alabama, as VCU was undervalued and a pretty bogus matchup for WSU. I don't understand why last year is being brought up anyways, but I digress...
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » November 23rd, 2012, 12:53 pm

shoxrox wrote:While Sunday in St. Louis needs to happen, I don't think it's the be-all, end-all of all goals. I''d gladly continue to take Valley regular season titles, which are just as good as autobids, and proves a team's entire worth over the course of the season, rather than just 3 days in St. Louis.

It would have been interesting to see Creighton get VCU in the first round last year. I don't think it would have been quite as easy as Alabama, as VCU was undervalued and a pretty bogus matchup for WSU. I don't understand why last year is being brought up anyways, but I digress...

I happen to think a regular season title is the real deal too. And yet when the Bears won that over the Shockers a couple of years ago there were Shox fans on here saying that was meaningless because we didn't win in St. Louis. And even that the Bears weren't the best team in the MVC that year because WSU went on to win the NIT. But when the Shox win the regular season we hear it the other way?? :huh:

I do realize it probably wasn't you saying that a couple of years ago. But it was quite a few Shox fans.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball