If you lost your Star Player before conference...?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: If you lost your Star Player before conference...?

Postby Wufan » November 5th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Creighton would still be quite good without Doug, but the scoring, rebounding, and even the defense would all have a large drop-off.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mvcfan » November 5th, 2012, 9:41 pm

LMS wrote:If Doug was lost to injury I assume Wragge would start and do a capable job. The offense would become much different though and less focused on touches in the paint.

The athletic ability would definitely remain the same.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby the valley boys » November 16th, 2012, 7:04 am

Well, we now know what happens to Colt Ryan and the Evansville Aces. NEXT!!!
the valley boys
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby sixth ace » November 17th, 2012, 11:44 pm

the valley boys wrote:Well, we now know what happens to Colt Ryan and the Evansville Aces. NEXT!!!

Yes you do. The same thing that happens with every coach in the league . You go back to the drawing board and take the players you got and figure out the next games offense. You learn how to use your other players in the new situation. When,If, your player gets back to the team that season you have a whole new set of circumstances. New avenues are open and your team grows into a better team.

Troy Taylor went down tonight digging out the win for Evansville. Hopefully he'll be fine. UE doesn't need two seniors on the bench unable to play. But they have found the way to win.

Again any coach worth his salary ...... this isn't rocket science... knows how to draw up a winning game plan with who he has available.

Again IT WAS an IGNORANT question...expected from someone who pays a coach too much to play the game
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 18th, 2012, 8:37 am

I will give Simons props for winning two of three in three days. jRyan plays 35 mpg, so he basically has no back-up. The fact that UE was able to put something together with no practices is a sign of perseverance.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » November 18th, 2012, 9:28 am

shockem wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say that the primary goal is to make the ncaa tournament.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I have followed CU basketball since 1968 and the primary goal in my book has always been to make the NCAA tournament. What else is there except to play for a national championship?

Conference titles are a solid second and should be cherished. Winning in St. Louis has made all those trips major league fun and equates to a program that is constantly improving all year and peaking at the right time so is important and a solid third.

After that, pounding on the Shox comes in fourth. :dance:
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SHOXMVC » November 18th, 2012, 10:48 am

LJay wrote:
shockem wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say that the primary goal is to make the ncaa tournament.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I have followed CU basketball since 1968 and the primary goal in my book has always been to make the NCAA tournament. What else is there except to play for a national championship?

Conference titles are a solid second and should be cherished. Winning in St. Louis has made all those trips major league fun and equates to a program that is constantly improving all year and peaking at the right time so is important and a solid third.

I'm getting tired of being picked 4th, but performance and results will take care of that. My hope is by the end of the season "pounding" on the Shox will be more of a priority for you after witnessing a couple of de-wingings by my Shox!!! :D
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » November 18th, 2012, 12:47 pm

LJay wrote:

For the Jays, the primary goal should win 2 in a row in the NCAA tourney. That would be a feat never before accomplished in the history of Creighton basketball...or is that just pie in the sky?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » November 18th, 2012, 1:33 pm

For MSU, Downing is our experience. Most teams will take Downing out of the game anyways so, I see little difference. This year is about training and developing some very talented youth and the position Anthony plays is well backed up. Don't want to find out but, I think little would change.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » November 21st, 2012, 2:44 pm

:Cheers:
Wufan wrote:
sixth ace wrote:Contrary to popular belief that UE is nothing without Colt Ryan,If Ryan did get hurt them the offense would changeis all UE has enough scorers to continue in his absence, Cox Nelson Jahr Moore Ballentine Sawvell etc. The offense is build for and @ Colt He is a great player but to discount the other 12 scholarship players is a disservice. UE would revamp the offense and be a viable team.

Personally I believe it is a ignorant question.

That opinion is definitely contrary to popular belief.

http://www.ovcdigitalnetwork.com/showcase/#close
Go to replays

:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball