MVC Hoops show

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MVC Hoops show

Postby tkjay1 » October 31st, 2012, 8:56 am

Just wanted to let you know about a new show that will be airing this basketball season even though its down the road a bit. Chris Sorensen from MVC Report and myself will be doing a show called The MVC Hoops Show. It will be syndicated across the Valley to as many markets as pick up the show. We currently have five of the ten Valley markets on board to air the show and are still working on a couple of others as well as some cities in the Valley (KC, Stl, etc) We will tape the show on Thursday night and it will air on the weekend at various times. Some markets are airing it before their weekend games, others are airing it on Saturday morning. The show will be podcast.

A couple of things about the show. The corporate sponsor will be Complete Nutrition. They have been fantastic to work with and are in this for the long haul. Without them the show would not be possible so make sure and show your appreciation when you can. Also this show is 100% approved by the Valley. We have worked with the Valley on different aspects of the show and they have done everything they can to help us in getting this show off the ground. They are also very excited to work with us during the Valley tourney as we will be doing some live shows from St. Louis. More on that way done the road.

The show will run during the Valley season with the first show airng on the weekend of December 29th. We will be doing a show each week of the Valley season, ten total, as well as a wrap up show after the Valley tournament. We will review the games played the week before, look ahead to the games on the weekend and interview national and regional guests along with Valley media. On each show we have a segement devoted to one Valley school where we will look in depth at their season and talk to players and coaches. As I said earlier with the taping of the show on Thursday and for the most part being aired before the games are played on the weekend it will allow us to keep game results and previews timely.

Chris and I started this process early last summer and its been a lot of work getting it off the ground so we are both excited to finally move on to another stage of the project. I will keep you informed of new develpoments when they occur and any new markets we add. Hope you enjoy the show and as always we will appreciate tips and comments to make the show better. Thanks.
Last edited by tkjay1 on October 31st, 2012, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
tkjay1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

MVC Hoops show

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC Hoops show

Postby shocktheheart » October 31st, 2012, 8:57 am

tkjay1 wrote:Just wanted to let you know about a new show that will be airing this basketball season even though its down the road a bit. Chris Sorensen from MVC Report and myself will be doing a show called The MVC Hoops Show. It will be syndicated across the Valley to as many markets as pick up the show. We currently have five of the ten Valley markets on board to air the show and are still working on a couple of others as well as some cities in the Valley (KC, Stl, etc) We will tape the show on Thursday night and it will air on the weekend at various times. Some markets are airing it before their weekend games, others are airing it on Saturday morning. The show will be streamed and podcast.

A couple of things about the show. The corporate sponsor will be Complete Nutrition. They have been fantastic to work with and are in this for the long haul. Without them the show would not be possible so make sure and show your appreciation when you can. Also this show is 100% approved by the Valley. We have worked with the Valley on different aspects of the show and they have done everything they can to help us in getting this show off the ground. They are also very excited to work with us during the Valley tourney as we will be doing some live shows from St. Louis. More on that way done the road.

The show will run during the Valley season with the first show airng on the weekend of December 29th. We will be doing a show each week of the Valley season, ten total, as well as a wrap up show after the Valley tournament. We will review the games played the week before, look ahead to the games on the weekend and interview national and regional guests along with Valley media. On each show we have a segement devoted to one Valley school where we will look in depth at their season and talk to players and coaches. As I said earlier with the taping of the show on Thursday and for the most part being aired before the games are played on the weekend it will allow us to keep game results and previews timely.

Chris and I started this process early last summer and its been a lot of work getting it off the ground so we are both excited to finally move on to another stage of the project. I will keep you informed of new develpoments when they occur and any new markets we add. Hope you enjoy the show and as always we will appreciate tips and comments to make the show better. Thanks.

Which markets are you going to currently on?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » October 31st, 2012, 9:01 am

Great to hear. More publicity for the Valley is a good thing!
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tkjay1 » October 31st, 2012, 9:02 am

Currently Wichita, Des Moines, Bloomington/Normal, Omaha. Close to nailing down Evansville and efforting Springfield and Cedar Falls
tkjay1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby shocktheheart » October 31st, 2012, 9:12 am

tkjay1 wrote:Currently Wichita, Des Moines, Bloomington/Normal, Omaha. Close to nailing down Evansville and efforting Springfield and Cedar Falls

What station in Wichita?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » October 31st, 2012, 9:18 am

BEAUTIFUL! :Yea!:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tkjay1 » October 31st, 2012, 9:20 am

shocktheheart wrote:
tkjay1 wrote:Currently Wichita, Des Moines, Bloomington/Normal, Omaha. Close to nailing down Evansville and efforting Springfield and Cedar Falls

What station in Wichita?

Sorry don't have that info with me at the present time. Its a sports station I do know that
tkjay1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » October 31st, 2012, 11:34 am

Great work guys! Much appreciated!!!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 31st, 2012, 11:49 am

In the past, I would have thought that Peoria would have been one of the easiest to get. Bradley seems to have fallen off the map there.

The MVC needs as much publicity as we can get. Barry Hinson is right when he said cancelling media day was stupid.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bcg » October 31st, 2012, 12:59 pm

Peoria and Bloomington/Normal are in the same market. Market 116 if I remember right.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball