Basketball Times ' Best-of-best Programs list

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 2nd, 2012, 8:18 am

Creighton appears as the 9th best program in this installment of Basketball Times' rankings of successful basketball programs. In order to even qualify for ranking, a team has to have won over two-thirds of its games for the past ten seasons. Apparently no other MVC school even qualified for ranking.

Creighton also made the list the last time Basketball Times' rankings were published as well (results are tallied and published every five years). I don;t remember if there were any other MVC teams that made the cut at that time, although it seems likely that Southern Illinois would have qualified then.

LINK: http://works.bepress.com/cgi/viewconten ... styczynski
Last edited by DoubleJayAlum on November 2nd, 2012, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Basketball Times ' Best-of-best Programs list

Postby jwa123 » November 2nd, 2012, 8:31 am

DoubleJay, this post confuses me. Based upon what I read from WSU fans here I would have thought WSU is the #1 program and will be for the rest of eternity.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shocktheheart » November 2nd, 2012, 9:07 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Creighton appears as the 7th best program in this installment of Basketball Times' rankings of successful basketball programs. In order to even qualify for ranking, a team has to have won over two-thirds of its games for the past ten seasons. Apparently no other MVC school even qualified for ranking.

Creighton also made the list the last time Basketball Times' rankings were published as well (results are tallied and published every five years). I don;t remember if there were any other MVC teams that made the cut at that time, although it seems likely that Southern Illinois would have qualified then.

WSU: 213-117 .645%...just missed out.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby the valley boys » November 2nd, 2012, 10:03 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Creighton appears as the 7th best program in this installment of Basketball Times' rankings of successful basketball programs. In order to even qualify for ranking, a team has to have won over two-thirds of its games for the past ten seasons. Apparently no other MVC school even qualified for ranking.

7th best? Are they not actually tied for 9th?
the valley boys
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 2nd, 2012, 10:23 am

the valley boys wrote:

7th best? Are they not actually tied for 9th?

Sorry- typo... (I'm an absolutely horrible typist...)

I corrected the original post
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 2nd, 2012, 10:26 am

jwa123 wrote:DoubleJay, this post confuses me. Based upon what I read from WSU fans here I would have thought WSU is the #1 program and will be for the rest of eternity.

;) :D
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 2nd, 2012, 10:42 am

I guess NCAA Tournament success isn't a primary factor in the rankings?
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » November 2nd, 2012, 1:07 pm

shoxrox wrote:I guess NCAA Tournament success isn't a primary factor in the rankings?

Ha!!!...funny guy! :Bam:

Maybe they just looked at last year for NCAA success!

Creighton is all over those lists.....maybe someday the Shox will get there....but don't hold your breath!
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 2nd, 2012, 1:26 pm

jwa123 wrote:DoubleJay, this post confuses me. Based upon what I read from WSU fans here I would have thought WSU is the #1 program and will be for the rest of eternity.

You are only partly correct.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 2nd, 2012, 2:55 pm

Anybody can create a "Best-of-best" programs list and have it come out to whatever they want it to. Take for example mine.

C0|db|00ded Times "Best of Best" Programs list!!!!1111

Every five years since 1997, C0|db|00ded Times has evaluated the best of the best
NCAA programs – those that have won two-thirds of their games over 10 seasons AND rent their basketball arena. And for a third time in a row, the winner is the one located in Omaha, NE.

THE CREIGHTON BJ!!!!111ONEZZZ

Congrats!

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball