Article about MVC coaching salaries

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Article about MVC coaching salaries

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 9th, 2012, 12:04 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
valleychamp wrote:For many schools, football even at a mid-major level, means every bit as much as a strong basketball program when it comes to advertising, contributions, pride, and overall identity and profile of the university.

Maybe, but the difference is that basketball generates revenue while FCS football consumes it.

+1
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shoxrox » November 9th, 2012, 2:57 pm

Jays26 wrote:
I didn't realize Omaha's TV market was #4 in the MoVal. I always thought they were right behind the Wichita market.

Safe to say Omaha's market is the most desirable based on metro populations and not Nielson ratings that cover an entire state. 1MM people within a 50 mile radius of Omaha.

Anyone that thinks Wichita metro area has anything on Omaha's metro area is smoking crack.

Wichita has 3/4 of a million people within 50 miles of it. They're in the same league. They're both in flyover country.

The Wichita media market is larger though. Don't get the defensiveness of the post.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » November 9th, 2012, 4:10 pm

shoxrox wrote:
Jays26 wrote:
I didn't realize Omaha's TV market was #4 in the MoVal. I always thought they were right behind the Wichita market.

Safe to say Omaha's market is the most desirable based on metro populations and not Nielson ratings that cover an entire state. 1MM people within a 50 mile radius of Omaha.

Anyone that thinks Wichita metro area has anything on Omaha's metro area is smoking crack.

Wichita has 3/4 of a million people within 50 miles of it. They're in the same league. They're both in flyover country.

The Wichita media market is larger though. Don't get the defensiveness of the post.

Not defensive at all.....flyover country for sure....just "educating" :Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 9th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Jays26 wrote:Not defensive at all.....flyover country for sure....just "educating" :Cheers:

Just "misleading" more like..

The data is there for anybody to read and is incontestable. Perhaps Nebraska being one of the last few states that remains nearly totally rural and uncivilized is a reason why fewer households have televisions.

I'm just sayin...

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » November 9th, 2012, 11:02 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:
Jays26 wrote:Not defensive at all.....flyover country for sure....just "educating" :Cheers:

Just "misleading" more like..

The data is there for anybody to read and is incontestable. Perhaps Nebraska being one of the last few states that remains nearly totally rural and uncivilized is a reason why fewer households have televisions.

I'm just sayin...

T

...:cool:

:lol: I am not even sure how to respond to that most idotic statement. Do you not know that you live in freaking Kansas!
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball