Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Postby Championz » November 16th, 2014, 10:05 pm

Muller is already not living up to his own expectations by dropping games at home against Mountain West bottom dwellers.

That's his own undoing, not anybody else's. Nobody else was predicting Illinois State to win the Valley and be a Top 10 team.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » November 17th, 2014, 10:00 am

ShoxNAwe wrote:Coach Marshall seems to top himself one way or another every year. Hard to imagine someone saying a few years ago that "Marshall is in over his head in this conference."

This is where the thread took a wring turn.

I may have to keep posting AA lists, which actually got boring and redundant, if this trend to go off subject continues.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » November 26th, 2014, 10:33 am

Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » November 26th, 2014, 11:01 am

Championz wrote:Muller is already not living up to his own expectations by dropping games at home against Mountain West bottom dwellers.

That's his own undoing, not anybody else's. Nobody else was predicting Illinois State to win the Valley and be a Top 10 team.

I still have no clue how a coach making a preseason prediction has anything to do with coaching ability.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 26th, 2014, 11:52 am

Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 26th, 2014, 12:21 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
Championz wrote:Muller is already not living up to his own expectations by dropping games at home against Mountain West bottom dwellers.

I still have no clue how a coach making a preseason prediction has anything to do with coaching ability.

You gotta back up your talk. Nobody held his head to the fire and said make a bold prediction.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » November 26th, 2014, 12:56 pm

Wufan wrote:You gotta back up your talk. Nobody held his head to the fire and said make a bold prediction.

What book of rules is this written? Nothing wrong with being confident even if it might not be accurate. Has nothing to do with coaching ability.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » November 26th, 2014, 1:08 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
Wufan wrote:You gotta back up your talk. Nobody held his head to the fire and said make a bold prediction.

What book of rules is this written? Nothing wrong with being confident even if it might not be accurate. Has nothing to do with coaching ability.

What you say in the media is absolutely a part of your job as a coach.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » November 26th, 2014, 1:43 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:

What you say in the media is absolutely a part of your job as a coach.

You are right but that has nothing to with basketball coaching ability. I care less about what the media thinks. Bill Belichick is a jerk to the media but nobody cares (I know different sport, different level of competition, hall of fame coach.) I just don't let the media decide how I view teams, players, or their coaches. The media in most instances give the mid-majors the shaft anyways & then jump on the bandwagon after their success.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mathewson10 » November 26th, 2014, 1:44 pm

PS Baker/VanVleet are good. Not because the media tells me so but because I have seen it with my own eyes.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball