Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Postby iSASO » January 5th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Prior to the UNI game, Fred VanVleet leads the MVC in assists (5.3) and assist to turnover ratio (4:1). He didn't hurt those numbers whatsoever with zero turnovers today while setting career high in points (22).
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » January 6th, 2014, 2:18 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I'd bet a beer or two in St. Louis 4 years from now, that the names Thurman and Marshall will have caused much more opponent angst than Baker and Van Fleet.

I'm getting thirsty just thinking about this....What is going on with Thurman?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby horacepinker » January 6th, 2014, 2:28 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:I'd bet a beer or two in St. Louis 4 years from now, that the names Thurman and Marshall will have caused much more opponent angst than Baker and Van Fleet.

Who is Thurman?
Deanthonybowden wrote:
"i agree , wsu recruits athletes, but in reality they dont recruit any better basketball players than isu or ill. st, and creighton definately recruits better than wichita, wichita is the most over-rated valley team"
horacepinker
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » January 6th, 2014, 2:39 pm

horacepinker wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:

Who is Thurman?

Averaging 12 minutes a game this year and 5pts for MSU
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby horacepinker » January 6th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Who is Thurman?[/quote]

Averaging 12 minutes a game this year and 5pts for MSU[/quote]

:Yea!:
Deanthonybowden wrote:
"i agree , wsu recruits athletes, but in reality they dont recruit any better basketball players than isu or ill. st, and creighton definately recruits better than wichita, wichita is the most over-rated valley team"
horacepinker
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » January 8th, 2014, 9:20 pm

Baker appears to be getting past his ankle issue - went 3/6 from 3 tonight (1/8/'14).

VanVleet had the interesting line. Only 6 points, but 7 rebounds, 1 steal, and 10 assists. Oh, and 0 turnovers. that makes 4 consecutive games without a TO.

For the season, FVV has 87 Assists and 18 TO's. that's an A/TO ratio of 4.83, which (I believe) leads the nation. Last national stats I saw had the leader at around 4.5. That was 2 games ago.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » January 8th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Aargh wrote:Baker appears to be getting past his ankle issue - went 3/6 from 3 tonight (1/8/'14).

VanVleet had the interesting line. Only 6 points, but 7 rebounds, 1 steal, and 10 assists. Oh, and 0 turnovers. that makes 4 consecutive games without a TO.

For the season, FVV has 87 Assists and 18 TO's. that's an A/TO ratio of 4.83, which (I believe) leads the nation. Last national stats I saw had the leader at around 4.5. That was 2 games ago.

Yes and I believe in the past 6 games Fred has 31 assist and 2 turnovers or something. That is insane I don't care who you are or who you are playing!!!!
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » January 9th, 2014, 12:04 am

Fred's is 3rd in the nation in A/TO ratio. 2 of the guys ahead of him 2 games ago have had some pretty fair games and upped their numbers.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CBB_Fan » January 10th, 2014, 11:54 am

Shockerfan13 wrote:
Aargh wrote:Baker appears to be getting past his ankle issue - went 3/6 from 3 tonight (1/8/'14).

Yes and I believe in the past 6 games Fred has 31 assist and 2 turnovers or something. That is insane I don't care who you are or who you are playing!!!!

And that 6th game was a 1 assist, 1 turnover game. Meaning over the last 5 games he has a 30:1 A/TO ratio.
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby horacepinker » January 10th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Ron Baker is on the Doug Gottlieb show right now...

Thurman is going to be on next........psych.
Deanthonybowden wrote:
horacepinker
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball