Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Postby Championz » February 8th, 2015, 10:17 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I'd bet a beer or two in St. Louis 4 years from now, that the names Thurman and Marshall will have caused much more opponent angst than Baker and Van Fleet.

I wonder what school Marshall will be attending causing more opponent angst and if that still counts in the bet? Or maybe it's a moot point?

Anybody think we'll ever see this poster again?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » February 22nd, 2015, 4:51 pm

With five assists against Evansville, FVV officially takes over first in WSU history for assists. As a junior. Going to go out on a limb and say whatever record FVV ends up setting, it likely won't be touched for a long, long time.

Meanwhile, Baker picks up his first career double-double and the two men combine for 40 points and 23 rebounds.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxNAwe » February 24th, 2015, 10:16 pm

Baker snags his 5th Valley POW award, tied with Xavier McDaniel for the lead among WSU players.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » February 25th, 2015, 9:52 am

One of the more interesting subplots of the Shox UNI game this Sat will be how Baker and VanVleet respond to that last meeting. Last time out I thought the Panther backcourt outplayed them. They seemed to take it right to Baker and VF (and Cotton) from the opening tip and the Shox guards never recovered.

Maybe the only time that's happened all year? I would expect them ( Baker & VanVleet) to come out with a laser sharp focus from the start. Should be interesting.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » February 25th, 2015, 10:25 am

Washpun had had his way with Cotton. I'm not sure what was happening but we couldn't stop his drive. I'm sure Marshall will have a different gameplan this time around.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 25th, 2015, 11:13 am

I would not be surprised at all to see this game go the opposite way the game in CF went. I could see WSU dominating from start to finish. Of course I hope I am wrong, but WSU has been playing on a different level since that loss. They also have some revenge to enact on someone in the conference for the first time in a while.

I guess maybe I am a pessimist though too. We haven't exactly been struggling since beating WSU either. I just hope we aren't looking past Evansville to the Showdown in the Roundhouse.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » February 25th, 2015, 12:08 pm

glm38 wrote:One of the more interesting subplots of the Shox UNI game this Sat will be how Baker and VanVleet respond to that last meeting. Last time out I thought the Panther backcourt outplayed them. They seemed to take it right to Baker and VF (and Cotton) from the opening tip and the Shox guards never recovered.

Maybe the only time that's happened all year? I would expect them ( Baker & VanVleet) to come out with a laser sharp focus from the start. Should be interesting.

Cotton/Washpun is the real subplot. Cotton has been the best defender in the league for close to three years, and Washpun blew by him at will last time out.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LanceShock » February 25th, 2015, 12:36 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:I would not be surprised at all to see this game go the opposite way the game in CF went. I could see WSU dominating from start to finish. Of course I hope I am wrong, but WSU has been playing on a different level since that loss. They also have some revenge to enact on someone in the conference for the first time in a while.

I guess maybe I am a pessimist though too. We haven't exactly been struggling since beating WSU either. I just hope we aren't looking past Evansville to the Showdown in the Roundhouse.

Don't forget that it will be Senior Night (or afternoon in this case). I really doubt that Cotton is going to want to be shown up in his last regular season game. Washpun may be in for a long afternoon.

This game may be decided the same way the last one was. If one team is able to hold the other down for a stretch like UNI for the last 9 minutes or so of the first half of the first game, that team will probably win.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ShoxNAwe » March 21st, 2015, 7:34 am

Another jersey-retiring performance from Fred Van Vleet to send Yogi Ferrell and the Indiana Hoosiers packing. :bounce:
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby AndShock » March 23rd, 2015, 11:47 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I'd bet a beer or two in St. Louis 4 years from now, that the names Thurman and Marshall will have caused much more opponent angst than Baker and Van Fleet.

I wish I could say I'm over this quote by now but it seems to be getting more hilarious by the day.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball