Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Postby shocktheheart » December 3rd, 2013, 12:36 pm

“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » December 3rd, 2013, 1:43 pm

mvcfan wrote:we

You got a turd in your pocket?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » December 3rd, 2013, 6:02 pm

mvcfan wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:I think you want me to say everything is perfect about the Shocks instead of just honest feedback. I don't delude myself that all my perceptions are always right, but at the same time I don't feel a need to be politically correct just to appease someone. I've made two posts in 5 days praising Baker and gave credit to the Shocks as the better team with more talent vs. SLU. The other points I think are pretty solid if you actually saw the game or looked at the game stats. You may agree or disagree, but I think a little objectivity on your part would lead you to at least acknowledge there is basis for why I saw it that way.

No, we don't mind objective analysis. However, your initial analysis of Baker ruined your credibility so you have to continue to prove yourself. Thanks for all that you do and keep on trying.

Your arrogance is why I give little concern to your opinion. But you keep on trying yourself.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » December 3rd, 2013, 6:58 pm

I think Bear77 expressed his honest opinion some time back. It wasn't what WSU fans thought about Baker, but I don't believe in any way that 77 was trying to downgrade a WSU player just because he played for WSU. He was just giving what was, at that time, his honest opinion.

After seeing Baker in action, he again gave us his honest opinion. Some posters would have stuck with their original opinion regardless of any amount of evidence to the contrary.

We WSU fans don't need to defend Baker, talk for him, or insist that other team's fans bow down to his greatness. It's our rightful place to be proud of him and post his accomplishments, but we can let his game do all the talking he will ever need.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 3rd, 2013, 7:16 pm

Anyone giving 77 crap at this point is doing because they love to read their own posts.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » December 3rd, 2013, 10:32 pm

I admit that I've been having a little fun at BEARZ77's expense. But GLM also wasn't a Baker believer either but the tone of his posts toward Shocker brethren was mild while BEARZ77 was sticking it to us where he could. It's nice that people come to his defense. My hope is that we can all reflect on the past a nd grow from it.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Black » December 3rd, 2013, 11:21 pm

Bearz drops the word "arrogance" a lot when talking about others, but his demeaning tone and underlining in his posts would indicate he needs to do a once-over, objective view of himself in the mirror also.

Again, I appreciate his honest, first-hand assessment of Baker and WSU. But he still made the statements about Baker in the past and haven't necessarily retracted them yet. I'm guessing he has a bit of an arrogance problem and just can't bring it upon himself to actually admit he was wrong about something.

I'm just happy he came back and responded. And I can applaud him for that.
Black
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » December 4th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Black wrote:Bearz drops the word "arrogance" a lot when talking about others, but his demeaning tone and underlining in his posts would indicate he needs to do a once-over, objective view of himself in the mirror also.

Again, I appreciate his honest, first-hand assessment of Baker and WSU. But he still made the statements about Baker in the past and haven't necessarily retracted them yet. I'm guessing he has a bit of an arrogance problem and just can't bring it upon himself to actually admit he was wrong about something.

I'm just happy he came back and responded. And I can applaud him for that.

Black I really don't know what more I would have to say to have "necessarily retracted" my original statements, but I clearly stated Baker was the best player on the court in the SLU game, and clearly stated that after the BYU game he had showed he could take people off the dribble. But hey hang onto this as long as you need to, I'm well past it.

As far as arrogance I'm sure we all have our level; but I think when someone assumes the role of assigning who is credible and who has to earn it on this board they probably will get that feedback. They can disagree all they want, but everybody on here has both their good and bad assessments. That's why I appreciate Aargh's recent posts, not because he let up on me, but because I saw him do a similar thing. He had maintained an earlier impression of the Bear's chances this year based on last years performance; then when he saw evidence that perhaps we had more going than last years performance might have indicated, he admitted that and amended his view. I suspect if we have too many more games like Virginia he'll amend it again. I know I would.

I earned the feedback I got about Baker, and I'm sure I'll earn future ire because I like stating what I think. That's why I participate on fan boards.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Black » December 4th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Fair enough. I have no beef with you.
Black
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » December 7th, 2013, 10:07 pm

Neither Baker nor VanVleet had good games against ORU.

VanVleet only had 4 points, but got 4 boards, 2 steals, 6 assists, and 0 turnovers.

Baker couldn't hit the ocean from the field (2/8, 1/5). Even with that, he came close to a double-double. 9 points, 8 boards, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 1 turnover.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball