Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Postby Wufan » September 14th, 2015, 10:42 am

The Sporting News Pre-Season AA list is out. FVV places on the second team and Baker on the first.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Championz » September 14th, 2015, 11:31 am

Wufan wrote:The Sporting News Pre-Season AA list is out. FVV places on the second team and Baker on the first.

Any mention of Thurman or Marshall?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » September 14th, 2015, 11:34 am

Wufan wrote:The Sporting News Pre-Season AA list is out. FVV places on the second team and Baker on the first.

DoubleJayAlum wrote:So far, Van Vleet is averaging a foul every 2.5 minutes he is on the court and those were incurred against a D2 team. That would keep him off the floor for MVC schools that value avoiding fouls (Creighton, UNI, etc.). It isn't WSU's depth that will keep him off the floor; his propensity to foul often is what will keep him off the floor. No doubt, though, that he is the chosen one. :bounce:

So far, I'm pretty pleased with what I've seen from Creighton's new freshman, and Deontae "Teddy" Hawkins' best friend, Andre Yates.

Meanwhile, Andre Yates is gearing up for another exciting season at his transfer destination, Cleveland State. Andre hopes to improve on last year's meager 4:5 A:TO ratio and 6.1 ppg scoring average.

NAILED that one.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » September 14th, 2015, 3:54 pm

This was from November 7, 2012.
CBB_Fan wrote:It is too bad Evan Wessel didn't redshirt last year. Wichita State would have its backcourt set for the next 4 years, and they'd be scary by the time they were seniors.

Only reason it didn't work out exactly that way was that there was no way to keep Cotton off the court.

Wessel is thought to be preparing for playing on the perimeter for his Sr. year. Yeah, scary backcourt.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxNAwe » September 14th, 2015, 8:36 pm

Wessel may be the most under-recognized, winningest player in MVC history.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » September 15th, 2015, 10:47 am

Championz wrote:

Any mention of Thurman or Marshall?

Well played
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » September 15th, 2015, 11:18 am

Congrats to them for them making the AA list
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » September 15th, 2015, 11:19 am

sixth ace wrote:

Congrats to them for making the AA list
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jackwagon » September 17th, 2015, 11:40 am

ShoxNAwe wrote:Wessel may be the most under-recognized, winningest player in MVC history.

Lets be honest he is only the winningest because of guys like FVV, Baker, Cotton, Carter, Early, etc. Don't get me wrong he definitely plays a role on that team. You want to recognize him for loose ball hunting ability and scrappy play?? Sure knock yourself out he is the best you'll fine. Key cog in what has been an historical 5 year run for Wichita?? Naw.

Hell he only played 12 minutes a night and averaged 1 point a game on the team that went undefeated in the regular season. Don't get me started on the he would be a great player anywhere else in the valley either. He would still have his niche but honestly he probably doesn't even get half as many good looks at 3 without defenses paying so much attention to FVV and Baker. I know it sounds like a lot of hate for the guy , but its directed toward the over the top comment. I would love to have him on any team I coached or rooted for.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » September 17th, 2015, 1:00 pm

jackwagon wrote:
ShoxNAwe wrote:Wessel may be the most under-recognized, winningest player in MVC history.

Lets be honest he is only the winningest because of guys like FVV, Baker, Cotton, Carter, Early, etc. Don't get me wrong he definitely plays a role on that team. You want to recognize him for loose ball hunting ability and scrappy play?? Sure knock yourself out he is the best you'll fine. Key cog in what has been an historical 5 year run for Wichita?? Naw.

No one is claiming he is an All-American. But to claim he isn't a key player in a fantastic run shows a complete lack of understanding of the game of basketball and what it takes to win those games. For every open 3 Wessel has shot because of sagging defenses, he's contributed 2 extra possessions for those other players to work with.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball