Bradley 76, Eastern Illinois 53

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby tribecalledquest » November 9th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Nice opening season win for Bradley. EIU isn't very good but they are an OVC team and any 20+ point win for Bradley should be noted. The Braves are improved, that much is for sure.

JUCO transfer Tyshon Pickett had 23 points and 8 rebounds. He is very active, nice midrange game, tough. He brings something the team didn't have last year. Will Egolf had 11 pts in his first game back and made a three-pointer. Simms-Edwards with 11 pts, 5 rebs, 4 ast. Jake Eastman played the most minutes and did his usual (6 pts, 5 rebs, 7 ast, 1 TO).

It was a bad game for Walt Lemon, Jr. He had 5 turnovers and just 9 pts. Bradley rebounds the ball much better than last year and is better defensively. That will keep them in games.

They play Monday at home versus UT-Pan American.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bradley 76, Eastern Illinois 53

Postby MoBraves » November 9th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Tribe - I think our outlook is better this year. I believe we will play much better at home this year. Geno stressed that everyone needed to get better in the offseason, and I think it's starting to show.

Expected a win, but not a 23-point win.

Pickett looks really good - nice recruit for Geno.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » November 9th, 2012, 10:31 pm

MoBraves wrote:Tribe - I think our outlook is better this year. I believe we will play much better at home this year. Geno stressed that everyone needed to get better in the offseason, and I think it's starting to show.

Expected a win, but not a 23-point win.

Pickett looks really good - nice recruit for Geno.

No doubt. This isn't a top 5 team in the MVC...probably won't get out of Thursday night--but the games will be MUCH more competitive this season. No doubt. If Geno can get another Pickett type JUCO guy next year Bradley could really turn the corner.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bcg » November 10th, 2012, 1:23 am

While beating EIU usually wouldn't mean much, I think it has some meaning since Eastern was the team that sunk the ship two years ago the night before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that tonight's win is the sign that things are starting to go in the other direction.

Pickett is fun to watch. He has one gear.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » November 10th, 2012, 6:34 am

Congrats on the win. Pickett looks like he will help a lot. It does not look like Geno has addressed the team depth yet.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bcg » November 10th, 2012, 10:06 am

Wufan wrote:It does not look like Geno has addressed the team depth yet.

I think it was addressed that it won't happen this season when BU took in two D1 transfers in April and kept Milos. Bradley is essentially playing three scholarships down.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball