Wichita State at VCU - ESPNU 6pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State at VCU - ESPNU 6pm

Postby Jays26 » November 14th, 2012, 3:32 pm

SHOXMVC wrote:
Jays26 wrote:Nice win for the Shockers on the road and the Valley. Tough game to watch, pretty ugly, first one to 50 wins!

Time will tell if this was a quality win or not.

:Cheers:

The time is 1:12 in my world...trust me, it's a quality win.

:lol: ..well we all know that a few Shox fans live in their own little world.....And it ain't the real word!
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 14th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Once again, Shocker fans are overreacting. One game of horrid offense and now our defense is way ahead of our offense... There is a reason why our offense was horrid in the most recent game fellas...

Shocker offense is going to be fine. We are going to score over 75 pts a game just like we did last year. We aren't going to be playing any more retard Ugly Ball teams like VCU this year. If we have a game where the ball isn't dropping for us, we are confident knowing that our team CAN lock the floor down to keep the game close.

Coach Marshall does not subscribe to Ugly Ball or anything close to the abomination you saw last night. To win Ugly Ball, you have to fight fire with fire and do it better. In this case we were bigger, faster, and more athletic. Ugly Ball doesn't require great basketball players, it only requires speed, strength, stamina, and commitment.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 14th, 2012, 3:41 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
bigdawg wrote:That game was very reminiscent of SIU of old.

So, after years of WSU fans making fun of Ugly Ball, Marshall has now adopted it? :dance:

An accurate and penetrating thought.

Nevertheless, there will not be any deliberate ugly ball for the Shockers.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 14th, 2012, 3:42 pm

shoxrox wrote:I think you should take up your issue with those 1 or 2 WSU fans that made those comments about "Ugly Ball", rather than paint the WSU fanbase with broad strokes.

I specifically used "certain" before "WSu fans", so I didn't paint all of the fanbase with broad strokes. Maybe if it doesn't apply to you, you shouldn't respond?

By the way, the phrase "Ugly Ball" was coined by one of your own. I didn't invent it.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 14th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Sorry I missed the word "certain" in the below quote. If you can find it for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

DoubleJayAlum wrote:So, after years of WSU fans making fun of Ugly Ball, Marshall has now adopted it? :dance:
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 14th, 2012, 4:50 pm

I was talking about this quote:

DoubleJayAlum wrote: I just thought it was amusing that for all of the complaining that certain WSU posters have done over the years about SIU and more recently, UNi and Evansville, Marshall may now be implementing the same style.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » November 14th, 2012, 8:41 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I also am rooting for the Shocks but realistically I think the WSU rolodex of excuses will be on full display in about seven hours. They aren't athletic enough to compete with those VCU thoroughbreds unfortunately. But maybe Double G will outcoach Shaka.

How about some analysis Casey? Given the benefit of hindsight, would you say:

1. WSU is more athletic than the VCU thoroughbreds
2. Double G outcoached Mr. Smart
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » November 14th, 2012, 9:34 pm

SIU's "Ugly Ball" included holding the ball for 30 seconds before attempting to score.

WSU is more inclined to play Ugly Ball on the defensive end, and not on the offensive end.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 14th, 2012, 10:43 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I was talking about this quote:

DoubleJayAlum wrote: I just thought it was amusing that for all of the complaining that certain WSU posters have done over the years about SIU and more recently, UNi and Evansville, Marshall may now be implementing the same style.

I think "uGGGly ball" style perspective will totally depend on which side of the ball you are on.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » November 14th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Aargh wrote:SIU's "Ugly Ball" included holding the ball for 30 seconds before attempting to score.

WSU is more inclined to play Ugly Ball on the defensive end, and not on the offensive end.

Wait so shooting 35% from the field and 15% from 3 doesn't constitute Ugly Ball?

Now I am more inclined to believe this is more of an aberration than a trend for WSU when it comes to style of play, but those stats tell me it was Ugly Ball.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball