Wichita State at VCU - ESPNU 6pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » November 12th, 2012, 9:31 pm

This is a pretty interesting game and a rematch of last year's NCAA opener. A win here would be significant for the Valley and put a feather in WSU's resume cap for March. VCU is a 7 point favorite.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Wichita State at VCU - ESPNU 6pm

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 12th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Ugh..

SIU-C in their prime all over again.. :Bam:

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 12th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Love my Shox. And I always feel every game is winnable. However this is gonna be one of the toughest teams the Shox will face this year. If it was played in January I might feel different. I feel we lose by about 12pts. I sure hope not and I will be cheering the shox on regardless. Just gonna take about a perfect performance to pull this one off.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » November 13th, 2012, 6:10 am

If the Shox can win this, it would be very impressive but being on the road against a top tier A-10 team will be tough.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 13th, 2012, 8:53 am

Looking at WSU's noncon schedule, this may be one of only two chances at a resume building win. Sure would be nice to go in and steal one here.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 13th, 2012, 11:45 am

This will likely be a loss, and potentially could be a rather large loss. This young team just isn't ready for a team like VCU on the road. I hope this game prepares them down the road though.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LMS » November 13th, 2012, 12:44 pm

I am 100% pulling for the Shox but I just don't think they are going to be able to come out with a win.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 13th, 2012, 1:10 pm

I also am rooting for the Shocks but realistically I think the WSU rolodex of excuses will be on full display in about seven hours. They aren't athletic enough to compete with those VCU thoroughbreds unfortunately. But maybe Double G will outcoach Shaka.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 13th, 2012, 1:58 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I also am rooting for the Shocks but realistically I think the WSU rolodex of excuses will be on full display in about seven hours. They aren't athletic enough to compete with those VCU thoroughbreds unfortunately. But maybe Double G will outcoach Shaka.

Since many shox fans are predicting a loss, perhaps even a big loss I doubt this will be the case. Regardless we will have plenty of asshats on this board that will find some way to twist words...etc just so they can bash on the Shockers. Have your fun if you do, I am confident it will come back to bite everyone in the ass someday soon.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby kochhead22 » November 13th, 2012, 2:05 pm

VERY nervous for this game for our young team, it will definitely take an almost perfect game with few turnovers to steal a W. I'm doubtful we pull this game out, last i saw the spread is at 8, i'd like to see it that close but unfortunately i'm expecting a bit bigger margin by the time clock hits :00.

GO SHOX
kochhead22
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball