MVC Teams' Collective Sphincter Just Tightened

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Teams' Collective Sphincter Just Tightened

Postby shoxrox » November 15th, 2012, 9:30 pm

ACECARD wrote:If you have a team that can't hit the broad of a barn shooting the ball, you have to be able to say something good.

If you can't beat 0-2 Buffalo at home, well, then you're just Evansville. Way to go.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby iSASO » November 15th, 2012, 10:18 pm

Early made 11 baskets on 21 attempts. 8 rebounds, I believe. No need to guard him, he's just another worthless Shocker juco player.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 15th, 2012, 10:34 pm

And the Shockers once again shoot under 28% from behind the arc.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 15th, 2012, 10:36 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:And the Shockers once again shoot under 28% from behind the arc.

And once again, the Shockers win, this time by double-digits. Did you notice any "Ugly Ball" this time around?

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CBB_Fan » November 15th, 2012, 10:37 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:And the Shockers once again shoot under 28% from behind the arc.

While shooting 96.3% from the FT line.
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 15th, 2012, 10:44 pm

iSASO wrote:Early made 11 baskets on 21 attempts. 8 rebounds, I believe. No need to guard him, he's just another worthless Shocker juco player.

You can call him Cleanthony "Player of the Week" Early. The MVC will recognize him that way more than few times this year.

I doubt Early will get the stats that McDermott gets because of the different styles and theories of WSU and CU, but I have no doubt who is the better player.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 15th, 2012, 10:58 pm

shoxrox wrote:

And once again, the Shockers win, this time by double-digits. Did you notice any "Ugly Ball" this time around?

Relax tough guy. WSU played Western Carolina, not North Carolina.

Just as I don't think one will be able to determine much about Creighton from its next two opponents, I don't think one can learn much about WSU from playing Western Carolina.

Even against a Western Carolina, WSU still had trouble shooting from three. They still haven't shown to be an outside shooting threat. Does that mean they won't be good? Of course not. It just means they can't shoot from the outside.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 15th, 2012, 11:09 pm

So was that your whole point? Was to come on tonight and say WSU hasn't shot well from 3-point range? Ok, thanks.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CBB_Fan » November 15th, 2012, 11:11 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
shoxrox wrote:

Just as I don't think one will be able to determine much about Creighton from its next two opponents, I don't think one can learn much about WSU from playing Western Carolina.

Even against a Western Carolina, WSU still had trouble shooting from three. They still haven't shown to be an outside shooting threat. Does that mean they won't be good? Of course not. It just means they can't shoot from the outside.

I think their 3PT shooting will improve as the season goes on. But yes, their identity is different from last year, which was very much a 3PT shooting team (6 players over .300, second best shooter with over 100 attempts with Ragland). This team is Baker, and whoever else decides to step up.

I'm okay with that though, because they have just found other ways to score. And I'm 99% certain they'll be a better defensive team, though last year they were solid on that end.
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 15th, 2012, 11:14 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
shoxrox wrote:

Yeah, just keep thinking WSU can't shoot from outside.

You might want to consider Marshall's words after the game when he said, "I was more interested in developing depth and looking at different combinations than I was in winning by 30 points".

This game was played more like a practice for WSU than like a "real" game. Take what you want from it, and feed your delusions if you'd like.

WSU won't be as deadly from 3 as they were last year, but will be more effective in the paint. Lots of slashers to score easy baskets. WSU has different folks, so they will be scoring with different strokes.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball