MVC Teams' Collective Sphincter Just Tightened

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 14th, 2012, 12:11 am

Defense wins championships.

Tonight we proved our young, albeit very talented and athletic team, is willing to go as nasty on the defensive end as you would like. I don't prefer these types of SIU-C'esque games, but it does show some mental maturity on the part of the young Shockers to buy into it so early.

Our Shocker team prefers to play you straight up, winning with offensive firepower and man-to-man defense but.... if things go south, we can bring the pain and win a game the ugly way.

It's a great day when your team grows up!

It's a great day to be a Shocker!

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC Teams' Collective Sphincter Just Tightened

Postby iSASO » November 14th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Mr. Smart on potentially continuing the series with Wichita State
“It’s not something that we’ve thought about. They’ve got a great program. The thing that impresses me most about them is every year he has those guys competing and battling, whether it’s at home or on the road. They’re a very good road team every year. Seemingly every year he’s got to replace really, really good players. The standouts on each of those teams that we’ve played the last three years have all been dramatically different. Give them a lot of credit. They earned this one tonight. I think they’re a team that’s going to get better and better over the course of the year. It sure would be nice to have this one as a win, but they got it done.”
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 14th, 2012, 10:17 pm

Does that mean that you might make it past Friday in Arch Madness this year?

Listen I pretty much straight up cannot stand Creighton or UNI. They annoy the....well stuffing out of me most of the time. But after reading all of this WSU hubris I just cannot even express how much I am rooting for both of them (and everyone else in the Valley) to straight up pulverize the Wheat Shox. They are so insecure about all of the attention that Creighton is getting that they know no other way than to collectively flex their muscles here everytime WSU does anything noteworthy.

Look, nice win last night. Shaka loves you. That's cool. You have a nice team. Good for you.

Nobody fears you. No one's collective sphincter just tightened whatever the heck that even means.. You'll win some Valley games. Sure.

The bottom line is that I am growing to hate Wichita with the power of a thousand Suns. It is becoming borderline unhealthy for me to come here and read all of the things I have to read about how great you are. It is making this board utterly unreadable frankly. I might need to take a sabatical. A mental health day if you will from this board.

Hubris. In the end, it'll be the Shockers downfall. They'll believe the hype. So in that sense perhaps it is good that all of this is happening.

I'm out. The tenor here is just unbearable right now. I don't even know if I meant that as a pun or not. Shaking my head. To most of you bonjour and good sports!
Last edited by CaseyGarrisonforPrez on November 14th, 2012, 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Turner » November 14th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Casey, might I suggest you read this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62&start=0

it works very well.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » November 14th, 2012, 10:22 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Does that mean that you might make it past Friday in Arch Madness this year?

Listen I pretty much straight up cannot stand Creighton or UNI. They annoy the....well stuffing out of me most of the time. But after reading all of this WSU hubris I just cannot even express how much I am rooting for both of them (and everyone else in the Valley) to straight up pulverize the Wheat Shox. They are so insecure about all of the attention that Creighton is getting that they know no other way than to collectively flex their muscles here everytime WSU does anything noteworthy.

Look, nice win last night. Shaka loves you. That's cool. You have a nice team. Good for you.

Nobody fears you. No one's collective sphincter just tightened whatever the heck that even means.. You'll win some Valley games. Sure.

The bottom line is that I am growing to hate Wichita with the power of a thousand Suns. It is becoming borderline unhealthy for me to come here and read all of the things I have to read about how great you are. It is making this board udderly unreadable frankly. I might need to take a sabatical. A mental health day if you will from this board.

Hubris. In the end, it'll be the Shockers downfall. They'll believe the hype. So in that sense perhaps it is good that all of this is happening.

I'm out. The tenor here is just unbearable right now. I don't even know if I meant that as a pun or not. Shaking my head. To most of you bonjour and good sports!

Casey,
Do you still stand by your "closer to ninth than fourth place finish" or the Bears will finish above the Shox. It is ok to not like a team, I don't hate Creighton (easier when Altman was there), but I can see when a rival has a good team and can admit it. So are the Chiefs still winning the AFC West as well?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MetDrakeFan » November 14th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Cold has always enjoyed riling things up here on the board, don't let it bother you.
MetDrakeFan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby PantherSigEp » November 14th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Long-winded posts and complaining are always a good way to respond to someone who doesn't deserve attention. Glad to see you've learned a thing or two Casey.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 14th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Casey, did you just take your ball and went home?
I think your mental health analogy is humorously ironic. I think you have a few issues. Might need to get those checked out. While you're at it, let us know how the Chiefs are doing. We all are dying to know.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 15th, 2012, 6:26 am

"hate with the power of 1000 suns," my half- Saudi cousin used to say that when he was 12. Lol!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby moshock » November 15th, 2012, 7:48 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:The bottom line is that I am growing to hate Wichita with the power of a thousand Suns.

Whoa !!! - the power of a thousand suns - say it ain't so Casey. Close your eyes and harness all of that negative energy and think positive thoughts.

Seriously, please don't leave. Besides Cold, you are the most hilarious poster on this board. You are the Captain Kirk of message boards and go where no man has gone before with your predictions. I can't wait to see what your next "take it to the bank" prediction is going to be. PLEASE DON"T GO !!!
moshock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball