MVC Teams' Collective Sphincter Just Tightened

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Teams' Collective Sphincter Just Tightened

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 15th, 2012, 11:28 pm

Aargh wrote:Yeah, just keep thinking WSU can't shoot from outside.

Okay, I will until WSU shows otherwise. Is that such an unreasonable position? I think not.

Aargh wrote:You might want to consider Marshall's words after the game when he said, "I was more interested in developing depth and looking at different combinations than I was in winning by 30 points".

I guess I am not seeing why that is such a pearl of wisdom. As I said above, it was Western Carolina, not North Carolina. Frankly, I would have been surprised if Marshall didn't say something along those lines.

Aargh wrote:This game was played more like a practice for WSU than like a "real" game. Take what you want from it, and feed your delusions if you'd like.

Okay, two things here. First, you seem to be implying that WSU's poor shooting from outside is due to treating the game as a practice, not a real game. Are we to conclude that the guys came into the VCU game with the mindset that that game was a practice too since they shot even worse in that one? C'mon man.

Secondly, I don't know what delusions I am feeding here. So far, WSU has not shown itself to be an outside shooting team. That isn't a delusion; it is fact. Could that change later? Sure, but I don't think one is delusional to wait until it actually happens on a consistent basis before buying in.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby iSASO » November 16th, 2012, 6:51 am

I am bold enough to say what they want to hear, Shocker fans. WSU will be the worst 3 point shooting team in the history of college hoops and probably won't hit a shot in conference play, leaving them deliciously floundering in their traditional 9th place slot.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 16th, 2012, 8:51 am

shoxrox wrote:So was that your whole point? Was to come on tonight and say WSU hasn't shot well from 3-point range? Ok, thanks.

LMAO! Welcome back WSUbballer! That is you, right? Let's see - getting all angry, but not even sure why you areangry, bringing things from other threads into this thread, etc. Yup, its you all right. You've got a pretty recognizable M.O.

To answer your question though, What I was trying to say is that scoring a lot of points against the likes of the Western Carolinas of the world does not mean that WSU won't be playing Ugly Ball this year. Let's see them play that way against solid competition before we draw that conclusion.

Here's what I dont get about WSU fans -- you are supposed to be one of the top programs in the conference. If you are one of the top programs in the conference (which, by the way, I think you are), your fanbase shouldn't feel the need to come over and boast over your big win against the Western Carolinas of the world by double didgits. You should EXPECT to win those games and win them by big margins. YOU WERE FAVORED BY 17 POINTS! YOU DIDN'T EVEN COVER, so boasting about your "double digit" victory seems a little weak. The only reason a WSU-W. Carolina outcome would be noteworthy would be if WSU was upset. Instead, what we see is a whole group of WSU fans who couldn't wait to get over here after the game and talk about how great you guys are. That doesn't seem like the behavior of a school who expects to be good...
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 16th, 2012, 10:05 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Does that mean that you might make it past Friday in Arch Madness this year?

Listen I pretty much straight up cannot stand Creighton or UNI. They annoy the....well stuffing out of me most of the time. But after reading all of this WSU hubris I just cannot even express how much I am rooting for both of them (and everyone else in the Valley) to straight up pulverize the Wheat Shox. They are so insecure about all of the attention that Creighton is getting that they know no other way than to collectively flex their muscles here everytime WSU does anything noteworthy.

Look, nice win last night. Shaka loves you. That's cool. You have a nice team. Good for you.

Nobody fears you. No one's collective sphincter just tightened whatever the heck that even means.. You'll win some Valley games. Sure.

The bottom line is that I am growing to hate Wichita with the power of a thousand Suns. It is becoming borderline unhealthy for me to come here and read all of the things I have to read about how great you are. It is making this board utterly unreadable frankly. I might need to take a sabatical. A mental health day if you will from this board.

Hubris. In the end, it'll be the Shockers downfall. They'll believe the hype. So in that sense perhaps it is good that all of this is happening.

I'm out. The tenor here is just unbearable right now. I don't even know if I meant that as a pun or not. Shaking my head. To most of you bonjour and good sports!

Casey you need to lighten up. This is a game to Cold. He puts these ridiculous things out there just hoping someone will bite. Then he goes back on Shockernet and brags about what he's done. You need to learn to see the humor in his posts.

You are a good poster and so is Cold both in your own unique ways. But it's ridiculous to let a message board get to you. Get some perspective. I love our Bears and MVC basketball but at the end of the day it's just a game and there are a lot more important things in my life.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 16th, 2012, 10:12 am

Aargh wrote:
I doubt Early will get the stats that McDermott gets because of the different styles and theories of WSU and CU, but I have no doubt who is the better player.

I think close to 100% of the fans, players and coaches in the MVC outside of Wichita would disagree with you on this one.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shocker_Phi » November 16th, 2012, 10:16 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Does that mean that you might make it past Friday in Arch Madness this year?

Listen I pretty much straight up cannot stand Creighton or UNI. They annoy the....well stuffing out of me most of the time. But after reading all of this WSU hubris I just cannot even express how much I am rooting for both of them (and everyone else in the Valley) to straight up pulverize the Wheat Shox. They are so insecure about all of the attention that Creighton is getting that they know no other way than to collectively flex their muscles here everytime WSU does anything noteworthy.

Look, nice win last night. Shaka loves you. That's cool. You have a nice team. Good for you.

Nobody fears you. No one's collective sphincter just tightened whatever the heck that even means.. You'll win some Valley games. Sure.

The bottom line is that I am growing to hate Wichita with the power of a thousand Suns. It is becoming borderline unhealthy for me to come here and read all of the things I have to read about how great you are. It is making this board utterly unreadable frankly. I might need to take a sabatical. A mental health day if you will from this board.

Hubris. In the end, it'll be the Shockers downfall. They'll believe the hype. So in that sense perhaps it is good that all of this is happening.

I'm out. The tenor here is just unbearable right now. I don't even know if I meant that as a pun or not. Shaking my head. To most of you bonjour and good sports!

Hey Casey, does it help the fact that one of the only reasons I hate MSU is you? Same kind of thing. :Violin:

However, you aren't the only reason I hate this website...
Shocker_Phi
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby valleychamp » November 16th, 2012, 11:30 am

Aargh is now on record saying that WSU's guards are better than Colt Ryan and may be the best the league has seen in 10+ years, Carl Hall is the best forward in the Valley, and C. Early is better than Doug McDermott.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 16th, 2012, 11:41 am

DoubleJayAlum, you're kind of a paranoid person. You were the one that bumped a buried thread and brought all of this upon yourself. Do you always troll opposing threads to bring out negatives after other Valley teams win?? Your point was really random and just thrown out there. Who was it even addressed to? It just seemed out there. WSU hasn't shot well from 3-pt range yet this year, mainly setting for bad 3s in certain spots. Is that a surprise to you? Did WSU fans say they were going to shoot lights out from 3 this year? I just don't get it.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 16th, 2012, 12:41 pm

valleychamp wrote:Aargh is now on record saying that WSU's guards are better than Colt Ryan and may be the best the league has seen in 10+ years, Carl Hall is the best forward in the Valley, and C. Early is better than Doug McDermott.

Also -Ehimen Orupke is an NBA lottery pick.

Objectivity is not his strong suit.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 16th, 2012, 12:48 pm

shoxrox wrote:DoubleJayAlum, you're kind of a paranoid person. You were the one that bumped a buried thread and brought all of this upon yourself. Do you always troll opposing threads to bring out negatives after other Valley teams win?? Your point was really random and just thrown out there. Who was it even addressed to? It just seemed out there. WSU hasn't shot well from 3-pt range yet this year, mainly setting for bad 3s in certain spots. Is that a surprise to you? Did WSU fans say they were going to shoot lights out from 3 this year? I just don't get it.

These criticisms mean a lot knowing they come from you, WSUBballer. What are you on now, your fourth or fifth different screen name? :Bam:

Can a thread from three days ago really be buried?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball