MVC Teams' Collective Sphincter Just Tightened

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Teams' Collective Sphincter Just Tightened

Postby shoxrox » November 16th, 2012, 12:58 pm

Like I said, really paranoid.
Thanks for addressing your original trolling remarks.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 16th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Just went back and looked Baller. I don't see any thread that I bumped, so I'm not sure what you are really talking about.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Heinro » November 16th, 2012, 1:20 pm

All of the above is the myth, here are the facts. WSU has 2 guys that can threaten you from deep. I have no doubt every team we face will let everyone, excluding Baker and Wessel, shoot before taking it to the hoop. Early is going to be an amazingly tough match up for every team in the Valley and if he finds his shot he will be nearly unstoppable, but still unless Doug has a down year, their numbers won't even be close. Finally, I will say it again, as we saw Tuesday, we are currently about 8 deep. That doesn't mean we won't have others come along as the season progresses but as of right now Marshall has 8 guys he really trusts to be in when the game is on the line.

To compare us to last years team is kind of a joke. They are almost nothing alike besides the system, not to mention no sane individual thinks we will be as good as last years. WSU and Valley fans alike better get use to seeing "ugly ball" when the Shocks play. We're more physical and tough than last year, but we are going to have nights were we can barely score anything outside of the paint. I fully expect us to have several games where we lean on our defense and play in the 50's-60's.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SHOXMVC » November 16th, 2012, 1:24 pm

ACECARD wrote:
C0|db|00ded wrote:Defense wins championships.

Tonight we proved our young, albeit very talented and athletic team, is willing to go as nasty on the defensive end as you would like. I don't prefer these types of SIU-C'esque games, but it does show some mental maturity on the part of the young Shockers to buy into it so early.

Our Shocker team prefers to play you straight up, winning with offensive firepower and man-to-man defense but.... if things go south, we can bring the pain and win a game the ugly way.

It's a great day when your team grows up!

It's a great day to be a Shocker!

T

...:cool:

If you have a team that can't hit the broad of a barn shooting the ball, you have to be able to say something good.

You have a harder time than I do putting together a readable thought. With that said...do you understand basketball at all?
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 16th, 2012, 8:55 pm

valleychamp wrote:Aargh is now on record saying that WSU's guards are better than Colt Ryan and may be the best the league has seen in 10+ years, Carl Hall is the best forward in the Valley, and C. Early is better than Doug McDermott.

You're saying that as if there's something wrong with believing in the team you support and the players on that team. I always thought that was pretty much what "fans" did. Or is it that it's not acceptable on MVCFans to be a WSU fan?

It is well within your rights and powers to ignore the ignorant posts of those you do not respect - yet you keep responding to me.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » November 16th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Aargh wrote:You're saying that as if there's something wrong with believing in the team you support and the players on that team. I always thought that was pretty much what "fans" did. Or is it that it's not acceptable on MVCFans to be a WSU fan?

It is well within your rights and powers to ignore the ignorant posts of those you do not respect - yet you keep responding to me.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with it. I mean, other than the fact that it is insane. You have every right to post stuff like that, but it is certainly within reason for other to criticize.

Being a "fan" or "supporting your team" being completely void of objectivity. I mean, what you have basically come out and proclaimed is that WSU's players are all clearly superior than the very best of the rest of the MVC (which includes a first team all-american and multiple NBA draft picks), which means that WSU has essentially assembled an MVC all-star team. If that were true, than I'm sure that WSU will comfortably, easily roll through the conference schedule this year en route to the MVC championship. Is that your prediction as well?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SHOXMVC » November 16th, 2012, 11:07 pm

valleychamp wrote:
Aargh wrote:You're saying that as if there's something wrong with believing in the team you support and the players on that team. I always thought that was pretty much what "fans" did. Or is it that it's not acceptable on MVCFans to be a WSU fan?

Oh, there's nothing wrong with it. I mean, other than the fact that it is insane. You have every right to post stuff like that, but it is certainly within reason for other to criticize.

Being a "fan" or "supporting your team" being completely void of objectivity. I mean, what you have basically come out and proclaimed is that WSU's players are all clearly superior than the very best of the rest of the MVC (which includes a first team all-american and multiple NBA draft picks), which means that WSU has essentially assembled an MVC all-star team. If that were true, than I'm sure that WSU will comfortably, easily roll through the conference schedule this year en route to the MVC championship. Is that your prediction as well?

I know about the first-team AA, but who are the multiple NBA draft picks?
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » November 17th, 2012, 6:37 am

We have multiple NBA prospects (as do other teams). I don't see any draft picks today.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheShock » November 17th, 2012, 5:52 pm

You can now relax your sphincters... don't fear the wheat! The team I just watched is destined for the play-in round. VCU was a fluke.

:Beer: :Beer: :Beer: :Beer: :Beer: :Beer: :Cheers:
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » November 17th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Can't read too much into a good road win or a bad home win. Lots to be excited about in Shockerland, but today's game wasn't it.

OTOH, we played poorly and won by 19. I guess that's a good thing.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball