valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: MVC games Wednesday, November 14

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherSigEp » November 14th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Other than Bohannon and a couple bonehead plays all-around on D, the Panthers looked good. The offense is clicking just like Coach Jake said, if you try to double or triple Deon he just works around you and dishes to an open Koch or Sonnen. If you play him straight up he simply slides right to the hoop for a layup or he draws a foul. It's the type of player we needed last year to replace Kwadzo. Let's hope that he can keep up this play all season.

Let's hope we can pin this on early season jitters. If I remember correctly, the Panthers have taken their sweet time early on in the season in getting warmed up. How that '09-10 team lost to DePaul still leaves me dumbfounded.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » November 15th, 2012, 9:36 am

UNI shot 30% from 3, 25% in the second half. Hit closer to the 38-39% we shot last year (two more buckets) and the game is different. We were definitely off on defense and Toledo hit some tough shots as well. I feel comfortable with the fact that Coach Jake will correct the defense and that teams won't always be hitting those kind of tough shots. It was also the first extended minutes for our starters.

A W is a W, ugly or not. Seeing good things from Mitchell (all I can say is WOW right now) and Tuttle early in the year, Koch is steady as usual. Sonnen is solid but being asked to shoot more with AJ benched right now.

Still have another game to work on things before heading to the Bahamas.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball