Bradley @ IUPIU (Saturday - 6 p.m.)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bradley @ IUPIU (Saturday - 6 p.m.)

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 17th, 2012, 8:21 pm

Very happy about this result. I don't think that IUPUI is going to be anything special, but this was a road game for Bradley and getting the win is a nice building block.

It also helps salve the losses in the two biggest games today for the MVC.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » November 17th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Really nice win for Bradley. IUPUI isn't real good but a win on the road at another mid-major is nothing to sniff at for this team. Watching this BU team is a joy after what we've seen the last two+ seasons.

They play really hard, play well together, defend, and are tough. Still a flawed team but at least teams wont just walk all over them this season (I don't think).

Tyshon Pickett has been a big addition. 18 pts, 10 rebs and 3 blocks tonight. Jake Eastman played great. 17 pts, 4 rebs, 5 assists. Walt Lemon played under control for the most part and has really improved his perimeter game and free throw shooting (19 pts, 4 assists).

Bradley got subpar offensive games from Will Egolf but he still had 8 rebounds and 5 blocks and DSE who made huge plays down the stretch. 20 assists and 12 TO's for Bradley and and outrebounded IUPUI 42-33. Those were sore spots last season.

Bradley plays at Big East team USF on Tuesday.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » November 17th, 2012, 9:28 pm

Nice win Bradley. I don't think they'll be contenders this year, but they won't be easy pickings for anyone either (and have never been in Peoria for UNI anyways).
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoBraves » November 18th, 2012, 3:52 pm

I actually thought IUPUI was decent, but the Bravest made some nice adjustments and just wanted it a liitle more than the Jags. We really brought our athleticism, mocksy, and hunger to Indy.
I think we played our best game to date, and absolutely the best road game in Geno's tenure.

Most BU fans are starting to feel the program is turning the corner. It's early in the season, but the way we've gotten to 3-0 feels a whole lot better and more convincing than last year's 3-0 start, and even the prior season's 4-0 start. And we are pretty excited about our recruits that Geno has brought in for the future!
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby bcg » November 19th, 2012, 12:59 pm

It is nice to hear positive news coming from Bradley these days. I'm very happy that the signed letter of intent finally came from Michael Tucker.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby hot nuts » November 19th, 2012, 9:14 pm

It's good to see that Braves upgraded their head coach (not saying too much there). Hopefully they can beat South Fla and represent the MVC well.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball