MSU VS SDSU Sat Nov 17 @ 1 PM

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU VS SDSU Sat Nov 17 @ 1 PM

Postby Wufan » November 17th, 2012, 3:04 pm

The other freshman (Wilson and Williams) with solid efforts.

Did MSU play zone? SDSU shot horribly but rebounded okay.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FeartheQ » November 17th, 2012, 3:06 pm

60-44 tecs
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby agrinut » November 17th, 2012, 3:15 pm

No excuses for the Bears. Need to grow up quick.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 17th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Pretty weaksauce effort by MSU. We looked pathetic at times. Scheer needs to ride the bench the rest of the season. I audibly groan everytime he is put in the game. He is not the kid that I saw play at St. Francis Borgia HS in Washington, MO. That kid was nearly the state HS player of the year. Right now I am not sure if he is worthy of fetching the team Gatorade during timeouts.

San Diego State looked a lot more athletic today than they did against Syracuse. They stepped out on the court today and you could really appreciate their physical gifts. Fine looking team. You could really notice their physiques even through their warmups in fact. They played better than they did on the aircraft carrier that is for sure.

We have to get better in a hurry. I expected more. This is disappointing because I really thought we could win today and get a nice win on the resume over a lazy bunch that didn't want to be there. But it didn't turn out that way.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » November 17th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Wufan wrote:Did MSU play zone? SDSU shot horribly but rebounded okay.

Yes.

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:We looked pathetic at times

I expect this will be a common theme for MSU games this year. MSU this year reminds me of UE last year.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby FeartheQ » November 17th, 2012, 4:27 pm

pafan wrote:
Wufan wrote:Did MSU play zone? SDSU shot horribly but rebounded okay.

Yes.

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:We looked pathetic at times

I expect this will be a common theme for MSU games this year. MSU this year reminds me of UE last year.

I agree. It'll be an up and down season. Hopefully we can learn to block out soon!
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » November 17th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Very disappointing. If someone had told me before the game that Marshall and Thurman would be almost scoreless I wouldn't have believed it. Not many positives to take away from this one. Gotta chalk it up to youth and move on. I still believe in our players they just have a lot to learn.

Wasn't particularly impressed with SDSU other than raw athleticism. Horrible shooting and turnover prone. I think several mvc teams could take them - CU, Ill State, Northern IA, and possibly WSU.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 17th, 2012, 5:02 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I think we have them right where we want 'em. Fisher was in the San Diego media all week talking about how difficult it is to get to Springfield. All of the traveling challenges. Then other members of the San Diego media were taking potshots about the Queen City. That should have our boys fired up.

Only one team is going to want to be on the court in a couple of hours. And that will make all the difference.

The Aztecs looked bad playing on aircraft carrier and they will look much the same at JQH. Bears by 6. Attitude makes all the difference.

You really know how to make predictions. That's why I was excited to see you pick WSU to finish 9th. I thought you were taking a break from here for a while?
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 17th, 2012, 6:29 pm

Closer to 9th than 5th I believe (so 8th-10th I guess)...and MSU in the top half.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » November 17th, 2012, 7:10 pm

shoxrox wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I think we have them right where we want 'em. Fisher was in the San Diego media all week talking about how difficult it is to get to Springfield. All of the traveling challenges. Then other members of the San Diego media were taking potshots about the Queen City. That should have our boys fired up.

Only one team is going to want to be on the court in a couple of hours. And that will make all the difference.

The Aztecs looked bad playing on aircraft carrier and they will look much the same at JQH. Bears by 6. Attitude makes all the difference.

You really know how to make predictions. That's why I was excited to see you pick WSU to finish 9th. I thought you were taking a break from here for a while?

To be fair he was correct on the statement that I bolded...
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball