CU v Presbyterian

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

CU v Presbyterian

Postby CUOldfan » November 18th, 2012, 7:40 pm

I love the fact that no CU fans felt a need to boast about the win today against a cupcake anywhere but on a CU board, unlike some other fanbase who is so insecure they need to tell us how great they are after every game. It's almost like we expect to dominate this type of game and don't need to tell it from the mountain when we do dominate.
CUOldfan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

CU v Presbyterian

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CU v Presbyterian

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 18th, 2012, 8:04 pm

And yet you boast about not boasting....lol. Freaking tool. Pretty sure every other team has had a thread of some sort about there games....now go away....
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SHOXMVC » November 18th, 2012, 8:09 pm

CUOldfan wrote:I love the fact that no CU fans felt a need to boast about the win today against a cupcake anywhere but on a CU board, unlike some other fanbase who is so insecure they need to tell us how great they are after every game. It's almost like we expect to dominate this type of game and don't need to tell it from the mountain when we do dominate.

I love the fact you started a thread Re: CU v Presbyterian, while failing to enlighten us on the content of the contest. I would truly like that perspective, especially early in the season. You are so hell bent on being negative to insinuate bad karma on fellow MVC institutions. Isn't this a conference fan board? Can't fans of member institutions post game reviews and analysis. Is your institution above such things? The season is here, so let's talk about players, coaches, games, trends, hopes, dreams without nonsense about poking insults that are designed to start a dialogue which I am currently responding to. Step up and be better than that. :)
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shoxrox » November 18th, 2012, 8:15 pm

Irony.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » November 18th, 2012, 8:25 pm

CUOldfan wrote:I love the fact that no CU fans felt a need to boast about the win today against a cupcake anywhere but on a CU board, unlike some other fanbase who is so insecure they need to tell us how great they are after every game. It's almost like we expect to dominate this type of game and don't need to tell it from the mountain when we do dominate.

You must be a new poster.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » November 18th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Not much to say, it was no contest.

Items:

- Another team packed it into the middle, this time using a zone. This has been the MO of all three teams so far except the other two used soft, collapsing man to man. Teams seem hellbent on making sure if CU beats them they do so from the 3. 12-24 from 3.

- Chatman had an interesting line with 9 points, 11 assists against 2 turnovers. He is settling down and not trying to do too much like the first 5 minutes of the first game (3 turnovers).

- Doug had 24 in 22 minutes and got CU's first dunk of the year! :dance:
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby cpacmel » November 18th, 2012, 9:00 pm

I won't speak for anyone else here, but I try and post what Illinois State does, win or lose or during a given game thread.

I don't do it to boast either. I do it to allow my MVC Breathens to know what's going on with the Redbirds.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » November 18th, 2012, 9:07 pm

The CU fans on this site are so humble, I didn't know you all had a game today until I saw the score on the BottomLine. If that was the goal, good work. :bow:
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby SHOXMVC » November 18th, 2012, 9:21 pm

LJay wrote:Not much to say, it was no contest.

Items:

- Another team packed it into the middle, this time using a zone. This has been the MO of all three teams so far except the other two used soft, collapsing man to man. Teams seem hellbent on making sure if CU beats them they do so from the 3. 12-24 from 3.

- Chatman had an interesting line with 9 points, 11 assists against 2 turnovers. He is settling down and not trying to do too much like the first 5 minutes of the first game (3 turnovers).

I think Chatman is going to be just fine. Young has hard shoes to fill, but Chatman has all the ingredients to do it eventually.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 18th, 2012, 9:46 pm

LJay wrote:Not much to say, it was no contest.

Items:

Doug was also 8-8 from the free throw line.

Wragge got hot this game and went 6-8 from behind the arc.

After going 4-4 from the floor tonight, Echenique is now a perfect 9-9 from the floor for the last two games and a dazzling 92% on the young season.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball