MVC Power Rankings

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MVC Power Rankings

Postby MVCfans » November 18th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Here is the first installment of my MVC power rankings. I'm going to try and update this every Sunday/Monday following the weekend MVC games. There will be lots of changes early in the season, but I'm giving credit to those teams who have started with wins and we'll reassess at this time next week.

link: MVC Power Rankings
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

MVC Power Rankings

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC Power Rankings

Postby agrinut » November 19th, 2012, 10:24 am

Like this feature, hope this is a reoccurring thread.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » November 19th, 2012, 12:26 pm

+1 Really good thread. You can see what the rest of the Valley teams are doing without going to every team site. Colt going down might be a blessing in disguise. Rest of the Aces are doing things I didn't think they could do. Mainly play defense. Watch out when Colt comes back.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » November 19th, 2012, 1:50 pm

agrinut wrote:Like this feature, hope this is a reoccurring thread.

:+1:
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » November 25th, 2012, 10:45 am

Won't come as a surprise, but there's going to be quite a bit of movement this week.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Aces1982 » November 25th, 2012, 11:34 am

I love how everyone has dismissed UE. Not only in this thread but others as well, talkng about seperation between Creighton, Wichita, ISU and UNI. UE lost to a ranked team on the road by single digits. Then got beat at home in a game they should have won but was dealing with Colt being out. They have won 3 games since, all without Colt. Once he comes back there will be lots of surprised folks watching UE challenging for one of the top 4 spots. In the meantime, please keep dismissing UE. Being the underdog is much more enjoyable.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 25th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Evansville might reassert themselves, but they have the conferences worst loss…to 1-5 Buffalo! Maybe MSU's loss to Jacksonville is worse, I don't know, but Buffalo lost to 1-3 Princeton and 1-5 Yale. Evansville has wins against Yale, Tennesse Tech, and Western Illinois. Now Northern Iowa and Illinois State haven't exactly beaten any great teams, but they did win the games they were favored to win. Also, they have some semblance of an interior game.

It's reasonable that Evansville might challenge for 4th or better, but please accomplish something before you start whining about being disrespected. Respect is earned.

:Violin:
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 25th, 2012, 12:06 pm

Aces1982 wrote:I love how everyone has dismissed UE. Not only in this thread but others as well, talkng about seperation between Creighton, Wichita, ISU and UNI. UE lost to a ranked team on the road by single digits. Then got beat at home in a game they should have won but was dealing with Colt being out. They have won 3 games since, all without Colt. Once he comes back there will be lots of surprised folks watching UE challenging for one of the top 4 spots. In the meantime, please keep dismissing UE. Being the underdog is much more enjoyable.

I appreciate your optimism, I really do. Fans should be optimistic. That being said, those that are "dismissing" UE have a different perspective than that of an Aces fan. In many ways, those outside the fandom may have a clearer vision, then again, maybe not. Time will tell.

I will give you an outsiders perspective. The Aces played a rankeranked team to start the season (ND). While they didn't get embarrassed, like it or not, they weren't just beat, but a little outclassed as well. I know, I watched the game and was rooting for the Aces. Since then, they have played nobody. With or without Colt Ryan, Evansville should have beaten Buffalo easily. They lost. The Aces looked weak against Western Illinois as well. In fact, there is nothing that the Aces have done without Colt that would lend many people to say he is going to make everything better.

With that, Aces fans should expect the "dismissing" that is going on. In fact, if you replaced Colt Ryan's name with the moniker "Player A" and substituted the team name Evansville with "Team X" you would probably do some "dismissing" of your own.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » November 25th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Aces1982 wrote:I love how everyone has dismissed UE. Not only in this thread but others as well, talkng about seperation between Creighton, Wichita, ISU and UNI. UE lost to a ranked team on the road by single digits. Then got beat at home in a game they should have won but was dealing with Colt being out. They have won 3 games since, all without Colt. Once he comes back there will be lots of surprised folks watching UE challenging for one of the top 4 spots. In the meantime, please keep dismissing UE. Being the underdog is much more enjoyable.

Seriously? UE has underperformed during non-conference for the last few years WITH Colt and you think UE is being dismissed. You guys deserve to be dismissed! Beat some worthy teams with or without Colt first and maybe you might be right. Until then, your nonconference record the last few years have dragged the Valley down. You can start w/@Colorado State.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 25th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Are you kidding me?
Evansville has done nothing this year, with or without Ryan, that has led anyone to believe they are going to be a factor, at least at this point. The timing of your crying post is not good. Save it for when you actually do something you're not supposed to do. The home loss to Buffalo was a horrible one. You should have won that game with your second stringers. I'm glad you like the underdog role because you're going to be one for the majority of your games.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball