Jacksonville at the Bears

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Jacksonville at the Bears

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 19th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Just to continue...I was clearly wrong about this team. It takes a big man to admit when they were wrong and simply put I was totally off base in my optimism. I really thought we were going to finish really high this year. I liked the energy, bought in to Lusk's psychobabble about this group. Now I have to settle for maybe putting it altogether and punking the Shocks at JQH. Frankly I'm tired of playing spoiler. I want to see us dance again. Soon. Sometime again in my lifetime please.

Tonight was the first real night that I have begun to question the coaching staff. I'm not sure they are the ones to get us over the hump. It's just so frustrating. Especially this early in a year to lose optimism. It isn't even December yet. Just stinks.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » November 19th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Good lord. There is literally nobody that can overreact (to highs AND lows) than you Casey, I'll give you that.

One loss and you are questioning the coaching staff and the players? Give me a break. Its a very young team, that had to replace a lot of talent. They are going to win some games they have no business winning, and they are going to lose some games (like this one) that they have no business losing. Its the nature of young basketball teams, get used to it.

Having the expectations that you did for this team were frankly stupid considering the circumstances, and you set yourself up for disappointment and ridicule. Give the players and the coaching staff time to develop a young team before you set them up with high expectations and bury them with dirt after their first loss.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » November 19th, 2012, 10:52 pm

It's my fault that Missouri State lost - I brought bad karma upon them:

link: The MVC Report - Jacksonville defeats Missouri State 64-58
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby pafan » November 19th, 2012, 10:53 pm

valleychamp wrote:One loss and you are questioning the coaching staff and the players?

Two losses. MSU is 1-2, 0-2 against D1 competition, with another non-D1 game coming up this week
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby FeartheQ » November 19th, 2012, 11:37 pm

No Bears fan should have been hoping for a top 2/4 finish. This doesn't surprise me. Disappointing? Yes. Gotta get these freshman to up their learning curve.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 19th, 2012, 11:42 pm

pafan wrote:
valleychamp wrote:One loss and you are questioning the coaching staff and the players?

Two losses. MSU is 1-2, 0-2 against D1 competition, with another non-D1 game coming up this week

Plus the team seemed to quit on the coach last year too.....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » November 20th, 2012, 8:53 am

Was it just a bad game or a sign that MSU is going to struggle all year?
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby agrinut » November 20th, 2012, 9:02 am

Ali wrote:Was it just a bad game or a sign that MSU is going to struggle all year?

Heart says its a bad game as we are so young that being inconstant is part of the territory. My head says we are going to struggle but once the game slows down for the frosh we will be very dangerous. Just wish that epiphany would come sooner then later.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 20th, 2012, 9:15 am

I think this is a low spot for the Bears and things will get better. I don't think it will click this year however.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » November 20th, 2012, 9:23 am

Wufan wrote:I think this is a low spot for the Bears and things will get better. I don't think it will click this year however.

I hope you are wrong. cant say for sure that you are. MSU has never been the school to tally the marque win, it has also never been the school to piss down its leg. Things are never as good as the seem or as bad as they feel. Pass the bottle please.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball