WSU vs. DePaul Cancun Challenge 11/20

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby shocktheheart » November 20th, 2012, 10:11 am

WSU a six point favorite with this game on at 6pm on CBS Sports Network.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WSU vs. DePaul Cancun Challenge 11/20

Postby SHOXMVC » November 20th, 2012, 10:26 am

Any way to get a "W," is the key, however a double-digit victory would send a message as to the Shockers' growing maturity given all the newcomers.

GO SHOX!
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 20th, 2012, 10:37 am

I really like WSU to roll here. I'm not convinced that Depaul is very good and WSU is better than I expected.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Smooth007 » November 20th, 2012, 10:45 am

The Shox will still lose a couple head scratchers this year. Hopefully not tonight but who knows.
Smooth007
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Jays26 » November 20th, 2012, 10:47 am

What does DePaul have this year? What were the expectations for them?

I honestly have no clue.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » November 20th, 2012, 10:58 am

Go valley!
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 20th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Jays26 wrote:What does DePaul have this year? What were the expectations for them?

I honestly have no clue.

I believe they were picked towords the bottom of the Big East. They do return 4 starters from last year's team, but that is the team that only won 3 games in the Big East last year I believe.

If the WSU team that played lackluster the last couple games shows up they will lose. If the team that shows up at VCU plays, then I think they win. Inexperience sucks because of inconsistency. Marshall challenged the team and a player or two after the game against Howard and it sounds as though they responded well by having a very good practice Sunday. Hopefully that will mean they are focused and taking every opponent seriously now.

This team will still drop some that make you wonder what the hell they are doing. Will that be tonight? I'm not 100% sure. I think they win this one though. At least I hope they do!
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » November 20th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:
Jays26 wrote:What does DePaul have this year? What were the expectations for them?

I honestly have no clue.

I believe they were picked towords the bottom of the Big East. They do return 4 starters from last year's team, but that is the team that only won 3 games in the Big East last year I believe.

If the WSU team that played lackluster the last couple games shows up they will lose. If the team that shows up at VCU plays, then I think they win. Inexperience sucks because of inconsistency. Marshall challenged the team and a player or two after the game against Howard and it sounds as though they responded well by having a very good practice Sunday. Hopefully that will mean they are focused and taking every opponent seriously now.

This team will still drop some that make you wonder what the hell they are doing. Will that be tonight? I'm not 100% sure. I think they win this one though. At least I hope they do!

With WSU defense, I would bet the farm on them. DePaul isn't very good. I smell mega turnovers. Even if WSU can't hit 3's, they can make layups.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » November 20th, 2012, 1:24 pm

shocktheheart wrote:WSU a six point favorite with this game on at 6pm on CBS Sports Network.

I'm 2-0 on my MVC picks so far this year. The O/U here is 147. I really like the under. DePaul has scored over 90 in their wins, but that won't happen against Wichita State. Ride the winning streak and play the under.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby shoxrox » November 20th, 2012, 2:52 pm

MVCfans wrote:I'm 2-0 on my MVC picks so far this year. The O/U here is 147. I really like the under. DePaul has scored over 90 in their wins, but that won't happen against Wichita State. Ride the winning streak and play the under.

What about WSU at - 5.5?
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Next