UNI games at Battle 4 Atlantis

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI games at Battle 4 Atlantis

Postby PantherSigEp » November 23rd, 2012, 4:42 pm

Boy did they look tired in that 2nd half. The offense started struggling and Stanford kept getting open looks of of screens. The extra rest did Stanford good but the Panthers weren't able to dictate the play like they did last night. #19 Memphis will take on the Panthers tomorrow and I'm not sure if a pissed off Memphis is what UNI need's right now but hopefully the Cats come out more focused and ready to play. Today was not their day
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » November 23rd, 2012, 4:48 pm

That was an awful effort. The comeback and finish against Louisville must have worn them out. They did not look good again. I do not see good things coming out of this Memphis game either...
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » November 23rd, 2012, 4:59 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:That was an awful effort. The comeback and finish against Louisville must have worn them out. They did not look good again. I do not see good things coming out of this Memphis game either...

Longer rest and preparation time before the Memphis game. Can't get any worse I'd say. James needs to start showing up and Deon and Tuttle need to get back on track to where they were before this tourney
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » November 23rd, 2012, 5:02 pm

UNI really struggled in both of these games, mainly offensively. Really have not looked very good this year, so far.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 23rd, 2012, 5:17 pm

Tough loss. After that effort against against Louisville I thought UNI would take Stanford.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 23rd, 2012, 6:01 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:That was an awful effort. The comeback and finish against Louisville must have worn them out. They did not look good again. I do not see good things coming out of this Memphis game either...

Did Stanford not play yesterday or this just a conditioning issue with the UNI program?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » November 23rd, 2012, 6:26 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:

Did Stanford not play yesterday or this just a conditioning issue with the UNI program?

Stanford played earlier yesterday so probably had atleast 6-8 hours more of rest. UNI did look really slow today but the offense has looked horrible for two straight games.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » November 23rd, 2012, 9:13 pm

We are not a 1 on 1 team, but that has been all we have been trying to do. We have not gotten the ball into Tuttle and he has not played well at all either. Defense has been okay. Today we struggled to get out on shooters like Randle. We rebounded horrendously in the first half, and some of the second until Max Martino was in the game. It is a sad state when the 6'4 bench swingman is your leading rebounder at 5. Lot's to improve upon especially effort. We have not looked like the hustle team we normally are. Sonnen and Buss have been the only consistent offensive threats so far in the Bahamas. We need AJ, Tuttle, and Mitchell to start doing what they do on offense.

Again the team we are playing will have more rest. Not by as much this time but still more. Just need a better effort out of the boys especially on the offensive end and in hustle plays.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » November 24th, 2012, 10:25 am

UNI vs Memphis today at noon. Even fter taking the #2 team in the country to the wire, the Panthers could sure a win today to feel good about the trip.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Heinro » November 24th, 2012, 11:35 am

Any tv for the UNI/Memphis game?
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball