UNI games at Battle 4 Atlantis

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI games at Battle 4 Atlantis

Postby shoxrox » November 24th, 2012, 2:24 pm

When you slow the game down, you take away more possessions, so that limits the amount of points you can potentially lose by. Basically, you're not going to get blown out too much.

From what I saw of UNI in the tourney was a disorganized offense and a lot of 3 balls. If those are falling, UNI looks pretty good. When they're not, they look pretty ugly. Overall, it was a pretty ugly effort. I was really thinking UNI was going to get 2 down there or at the very least 1.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » November 24th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Bad week for UNI. They frankly looked pretty bad in all 3 games, other than a few runs. They have a long way to go it seems, which is disappointing.

I fear that this weekend could hurt UNI badly, even though they lost to very good teams. Still a lot of great opportunities for UNI this season though with St Marys, Iowa, George Mason, and UNLV, so hopefully they can get something figured out.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 24th, 2012, 3:53 pm

I think UNI has to win two of those for an at large bid. Louisville is for real, so no shame there. Memphis and Stanford are probably bubble teams and the selection committee will not look kindly at UNI for losing. Ground can still be made up with your schedule.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 24th, 2012, 7:35 pm

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=323292460

It is very un-UNI like to be shooting 26% from three.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball