Jays in Las Vegas Invitational

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Jays in Las Vegas Invitational

Postby denjayfan1 » November 25th, 2012, 12:18 am

I was worried after the bruiser against Wisky if Creighton would run out of steam despite their depth. Glad they were able to "will" it out.
denjayfan1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LJay » November 25th, 2012, 12:24 am

Not well played but just had a lot of grit and always kept ASU at arms length. Just win baby.

Next up Boise who I thought weren't much until they hung tight with Michigan State only losing by four at MSU.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » November 25th, 2012, 12:29 am

In other exciting basketball news from the Cornhusker State, Nebraska loses by 14 to Kent State at home.

That is all I got.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby denjayfan1 » November 25th, 2012, 12:32 am

Since I am a fan I can geek out about rankings. I'm predicting a ranking of #11.
denjayfan1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » November 25th, 2012, 12:37 am

denjayfan1 wrote:Since I am a fan I can geek out about rankings. I'm predicting a ranking of #11.

I think it's time for the Shockers to appear in the rankings. Maybe in the low 20's. By Christmas, low teens.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby denjayfan1 » November 25th, 2012, 12:42 am

Did ASU's ogre even get a block on CU, he is apparently leading the NCAA in that department but I didn't see one.
denjayfan1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jet915 » November 25th, 2012, 12:44 am

My guess is the Shox will be in the low 30s by Monday. If they don't lose the next two weeks (@Tennesee looks like the toughest), they should be top 25. If VCU would have won today, it would have helped them out.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MetDrakeFan » November 25th, 2012, 12:53 am

Nice win Jays, you guys are showing some grind it out toughness this year that may not have been there as much last year. Faced some questionable reffing, highlighted by Echinique fouling out. Lots of weapons and the ability to score in bunches, along with an improved defense.

I predict you and WSU to finish in the top two. Best offense vs best defense. Chance for the Redbirds and panthers get in there too and keep things very interesting. I think Drake has a chance to finish 5th.
MetDrakeFan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MoValley John » November 25th, 2012, 12:54 am

Jet915 wrote:My guess is the Shox will be in the low 30s by Monday. If they don't lose the next two weeks (@Tennesee looks like the toughest), they should be top 25. If VCU would have won today, it would have helped them out.

A win against Cuonzo would put the Shox and Jays a combined 4-0 against the BCS. Nice! That only makes getting these games scheduled a little more difficult. Early on, it looks like there will be some separation in the Valley this year, WSU and CU on top, followed by ISU Red and UNI. The rest looks like a big cluster @#$%.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocker3 » November 25th, 2012, 1:31 am

Actually WSU and CU are already a combined 4-0 against the BCS: (CU- Arizona St, Wisconsin WSU- DePaul, Iowa). A Shocker win at Tennessee would make it 5-0 (a CU win at UNL would make it 6-0 or vice-versa as I don't know which game is played first).
http://www.tomsawyer2wayradios.com
shocker3
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball