Jays in Las Vegas Invitational

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Jays in Las Vegas Invitational

Postby MoValley John » November 25th, 2012, 2:53 am

shocker3 wrote:Actually WSU and CU are already a combined 4-0 against the BCS: (CU- Arizona St, Wisconsin WSU- DePaul, Iowa). A Shocker win at Tennessee would make it 5-0 (a CU win at UNL would make it 6-0 or vice-versa as I don't know which game is played first).

Forgot DePaul. Even better!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snaggletooth » November 25th, 2012, 3:02 pm

I think this year will be their year where the preseason favorite actually wins the conference. Impressive start for CU.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 25th, 2012, 11:36 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:I think this year will be their year where the preseason favorite actually wins the conference. Impressive start for CU.

:+1:
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cu8493 » November 26th, 2012, 11:49 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:I think this year will be their year where the preseason favorite actually wins the conference. Impressive start for CU.

I see what you are doing Mr. del Rio, and I will counter that move. WSU surely will once again cause the pre-season favorite to have a dissappointing second seed in St. Louis.
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TrueBlueJay » November 26th, 2012, 12:13 pm

cu8493 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

I see what you are doing Mr. del Rio, and I will counter that move. WSU surely will once again cause the pre-season favorite to have a dissappointing second seed in St. Louis.

TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 26th, 2012, 10:08 pm

8493 and True,

I have the advantage of watching the AZ State and Wisconsin games.

The Blue Birds burnished their reputation in my opinion. In this writing, burnished means enhanced.

The Blue Birds will have a couple of losses, but I believe it will win the conference going away.

You better look out for the UE v. CU game in Omaha. Fifth Ace says you are going down.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » November 26th, 2012, 10:19 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:8493 and True,

The Blue Birds burnished their reputation in my opinion. In this writing, burnished means enhanced.

The Blue Birds will have a couple of losses, but I believe it will win the conference going away.

You better look out for the UE v. CU game in Omaha. Fifth Ace says you are going down.

We had the Jays on the rope in their house last year and were a rebound away. Pretty good for a guard oriented team against a better team with big men.

During the MVC tournament the Aces looked like a high school Jr Varsity team playing the Varsity. We did not belong on the same court.

Will the Jays be over-cocky when the Aces arrive and will they think about the MVC game? Or, will they spank us like we stole something?

The only way we beat the Jays is if we have team scoring and the Jays have a subpar 3 point shooting night. We will get a few more rebounds, this time.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » November 26th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Fifth Ace says you are going down.
Learn The Name

We had the Jays on the rope in their house last year and were a rebound away. Pretty good for a guard oriented team against a better team with big men.

During the MVC tournament the Aces looked like a high school Jr Varsity team playing the Varsity. We did not belong on the same court.

Will the Jays be over-cocky when the Aces arrive and will they think about the MVC game? Or, will they spank us like we stole something?

The only way we beat the Jays is if we have team scoring and the Jays have a subpar 3 point shooting night. We will get a few more rebounds, this time.

Congrats, Jays on the Vegas Tournament win! See You on 12/29
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » November 26th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:8493 and True,

Fair enough. But I will add that I don't see this team overlooking anyone or being cocky. Could they have a bad game? Sure, but this team is focused. They had a great year last year and got screwed with their seed. They know it will take a great season to get the position they want in March.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » November 27th, 2012, 12:05 am

Ace Dad saidThe only way we beat the Jays is if we have team scoring and the Jays have a subpar 3 point shooting night. We will get a few more rebounds, this time.

UE defense has turned up a notch. Subpar 3 pointers? Not sure that they'll expect the defensive game plan Marty has for them.

You ever seen a SWAC team play a OVC team? :huh:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball