Missouri State vs South Carolina (Hoops for Hope)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Missouri State vs South Carolina (Hoops for Hope)

Postby shocktheheart » November 27th, 2012, 1:09 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:These close losses just tear your guts out as a fan. There are positives to take away with such a young team but my o my, the last two nights just taunt you as a diehard fan.

Losing back to back to great coaches like Frank Martin and Larry Brown is nothing to be ashamed of. But their teams are not exactly great. USC East will probably be middle of the pack in the SEC and SMU will be near the bottom of Conference USA.

I hope we break the 10 win barrier this year. That might not be a sure thing just yet. This year is going to try my patience that is a definite.

Is Coach Alford looking a little better to you now?

Is Coach Hinson looking a littel better to you now?

Just wondering.

Well both of them have aged, so they look a little bit differently. I am not a lady so I do not feel comfortable going into too much depth on their looks. I would just say that they are both fine looking gentleman for the most part.

Steve is the same as Steve has ever been. He is a decent coach. He won a lot here, a little bit in Iowa City, and has done moderately well at UNM. He is a pretty miserable human being however. Ask anyone in Springfield, Iowa City, or the ABQ. I care mostly about winning so I was sad to see him go. I have never said differently. He was cold and disinterested with the boosters but I would let him punch me in the solar plexus if it brought us titles.

Barry was the opposite. He is well qualified to be a Summit, Southland, High School, Middle School coach or a YMCA volunteer. He is a fine man. You could walk across the state of Missouri and not find a more genuinely nice man. But he is not great at the coaching which stinks because his chosen profession demands it. He'd make a heckuva motivational speaker if he had chosen that path. I am happy he is C'dale's problem now and not ours. So there you have it.

"Moderately Well"? I think you would take his record at New Mexico

New Mexico (Mountain West Conference) (2007–present)

2007–08

New Mexico

24–9

11–5

3rd

NIT 1st Round

2008–09

New Mexico

22–12

12–4

T–1st

NIT 2nd Round

2009–10

New Mexico

30–5

14–2

1st

NCAA 2nd Round

2010–11

New Mexico

22–13

8–8

5th

NIT 2nd Round

2011–12

New Mexico

28–7

10–4

T-1st

NCAA 3rd Round

New Mexico:

126–46 (.733)

55–23 (.705)
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Missouri State vs South Carolina (Hoops for Hope)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball