Missouri State vs South Carolina (Hoops for Hope)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Missouri State vs South Carolina (Hoops for Hope)

Postby glm38 » November 25th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Wufan wrote:51-51 at the under 4. They should foul now to prevent the three.

Now THAT is funny!!! Although I doubt Lusk would see the humor........
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » November 25th, 2012, 7:51 pm

Down 3 w/35 seconds left. Sounds like another close loss for the Valley, what a crap weekend.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » November 25th, 2012, 7:54 pm

Holy crap, some dude on SMU missed two FT's and MSU hits a 3 w/16 seconds left................deja vu? Hope not.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » November 25th, 2012, 7:55 pm

MSU up 1 w/16 seconds left. SMU ball.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » November 25th, 2012, 8:01 pm

and...............MSU loses by 1 :x . These last two losses are killers for MSU.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 25th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Jet915 wrote:Down 2 w/about 2 minutes left. What happened to Gavin Thurman, I thought this guy was suppose to be really good, 10 points total in the last 5 games (zero in this one)?

Gavin is struggling right now. Really Downing and Marcus Marshall are our only consistent players and that's just not enough.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » November 25th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Jet915 wrote:Down 2 w/about 2 minutes left. What happened to Gavin Thurman, I thought this guy was suppose to be really good, 10 points total in the last 5 games (zero in this one)?

Game is moving a little quick for Gavin right now. Once he adjust he will be a good one, until that time it could get kinda ugly.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 25th, 2012, 9:47 pm

These close losses just tear your guts out as a fan. There are positives to take away with such a young team but my o my, the last two nights just taunt you as a diehard fan.

Losing back to back to great coaches like Frank Martin and Larry Brown is nothing to be ashamed of. But their teams are not exactly great. USC East will probably be middle of the pack in the SEC and SMU will be near the bottom of Conference USA.

I hope we break the 10 win barrier this year. That might not be a sure thing just yet. This year is going to try my patience that is a definite.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 27th, 2012, 10:25 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:These close losses just tear your guts out as a fan. There are positives to take away with such a young team but my o my, the last two nights just taunt you as a diehard fan.

Losing back to back to great coaches like Frank Martin and Larry Brown is nothing to be ashamed of. But their teams are not exactly great. USC East will probably be middle of the pack in the SEC and SMU will be near the bottom of Conference USA.

I hope we break the 10 win barrier this year. That might not be a sure thing just yet. This year is going to try my patience that is a definite.

Is Coach Alford looking a little better to you now?

Is Coach Hinson looking a littel better to you now?

Just wondering.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 27th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:These close losses just tear your guts out as a fan. There are positives to take away with such a young team but my o my, the last two nights just taunt you as a diehard fan.

Is Coach Alford looking a little better to you now?

Is Coach Hinson looking a littel better to you now?

Just wondering.

Well both of them have aged, so they look a little bit differently. I am not a lady so I do not feel comfortable going into too much depth on their looks. I would just say that they are both fine looking gentleman for the most part.

Steve is the same as Steve has ever been. He is a decent coach. He won a lot here, a little bit in Iowa City, and has done moderately well at UNM. He is a pretty miserable human being however. Ask anyone in Springfield, Iowa City, or the ABQ. I care mostly about winning so I was sad to see him go. I have never said differently. He was cold and disinterested with the boosters but I would let him punch me in the solar plexus if it brought us titles.

Barry was the opposite. He is well qualified to be a Summit, Southland, High School, Middle School coach or a YMCA volunteer. He is a fine man. You could walk across the state of Missouri and not find a more genuinely nice man. But he is not great at the coaching which stinks because his chosen profession demands it. He'd make a heckuva motivational speaker if he had chosen that path. I am happy he is C'dale's problem now and not ours. So there you have it.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball