Good job so far MVC teams! They are talkin about us!!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Good job so far MVC teams! They are talkin about us!!

Postby Wufan » November 25th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Thanks for the correction.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pafan » November 25th, 2012, 6:19 pm

Wufan wrote:Indiana State already has a win at Ball State. With a win against Ole Miss or Nevada at home, the Sycamores will be sitting pretty for conference play.

Ball State (chirp chirp) win probably won't be worth much on a resume. Currently down 36 to the top-ranked Hoosiers in the 2nd half.

UPDATE: Hoosiers win by 48.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby isumvc1 » November 25th, 2012, 7:41 pm

pafan wrote:
Wufan wrote:Indiana State already has a win at Ball State. With a win against Ole Miss or Nevada at home, the Sycamores will be sitting pretty for conference play.

Ball State (chirp chirp) win probably won't be worth much on a resume. Currently down 36 to the top-ranked Hoosiers in the 2nd half.

UPDATE: Hoosiers win by 48.

Ball State is AWFUL
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » November 25th, 2012, 7:57 pm

iSASO wrote:The preseason #4 pick in the MVC will not be ranked in a national big boy poll. Maybe in the mid-major poll.

It all depends on WSU's record. If they win the next 6 games, they will almost certainly be ranked.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » November 25th, 2012, 10:15 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Unless UNI runs the table on the rest of their non-conference, I only see CU, WSU and ISUR having at-large chances at this point.

UNI's entire season rests on the month of December. We can only afford one or two losses, but both cannot be UNLV and WSU.

12/1- vs Milwaukee
12/4- vs Northern Colorado
12/8- @ George Mason
12/15- vs Iowa
12/19- @#18 UNLV
12/22- vs St. Mary's
12/30- @ WSU (who will probably be ranked)

Unfortunately, I think you might have to win 6 of those 7 games AND bracketbusters to have a legit shot. Losing to fellow bubble teams Stanford and Memphis hurts big time.

I don't understand how you could claim UNI's at-large chances are shot when the games that they still have left on their schedule are as good or better than the entirety of many other contenders schedules.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SpiritedDrake » November 26th, 2012, 2:24 pm

Wichita State comes in at SECOND in receiving votes category in this week's AP poll. Creighton at 11th. These two schools have built up a lot of clout with voters (and it also can only help the rest of the Valley)
SpiritedDrake
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Red » November 26th, 2012, 2:43 pm

valleychamp wrote:I don't understand how you could claim UNI's at-large chances are shot when the games that they still have left on their schedule are as good or better than the entirety of many other contenders schedules.

They've dug a hole and to get an at large bid that hurts. I think a win at UNLV is mandatory if you want a shot as the rest is pretty meh and won't open any eyes.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kyle » November 26th, 2012, 3:32 pm

iSASO wrote:The preseason #4 pick in the MVC will not be ranked in a national big boy poll. Maybe in the mid-major poll.

You still sure about that?
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » November 26th, 2012, 5:34 pm

valleychamp wrote:Unless UNI runs the table on the rest of their non-conference, I only see CU, WSU and ISUR having at-large chances at this point.

UNI's entire season rests on the month of December. We can only afford one or two losses, but both cannot be UNLV and WSU.

12/1- vs Milwaukee
12/4- vs Northern Colorado
12/8- @ George Mason
12/15- vs Iowa
12/19- @#18 UNLV
12/22- vs St. Mary's
12/30- @ WSU (who will probably be ranked)

Unfortunately, I think you might have to win 6 of those 7 games AND bracketbusters to have a legit shot. Losing to fellow bubble teams Stanford and Memphis hurts big time.

I don't understand how you could claim UNI's at-large chances are shot when the games that they still have left on their schedule are as good or better than the entirety of many other contenders schedules.

The rest of your schedule is still strong but the fact that you LOST to two bubble teams already means you need to make up for it with the rest of your games. If you would have beaten Memphis or Stanford, a win @UNLV probably wouldn't be necessary. But, if you can go like 14-4 in league play, then you could probably lose a few of those but I wouldn't count on that.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball