Bradley vs Tennessee-Martin

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Wufan » November 24th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Bradley up 17 at the under 8. Go Braves!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bradley vs Tennessee-Martin

Postby tribecalledquest » November 24th, 2012, 3:21 pm

The Braves were ugly in the first half but made some nice adjustments in the second half against the zone and won going away 80-57. Bradley really struggles to shoot from the perimeter but did a nice job driving to the basket and getting to the line.

15 pts for Lemon Jr, 14 for Eastman (who made two threes), 13 for Egolf, 12 for Crawford (two threes) and 11 for Simms-Edwards. Outrebounded UTM 45-35. As long as BU defends and rebounds like today they will stay in games.

Bradley has a tough road game at Central Michigan on the 28th. Any road win would be a good win for Bradley.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ptownbraves » November 24th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Good thing UTM couldn't buy a basket or else this game could have been much closer. Bradley really seemed to struggle in the 1st half and wouldn't stop offering at 3s despite missing several in a row. Their inside play also did not seem very solid as they struggled to get it to Prosser and Egolf. Shayok wasn't in for very long but he looked pretty unpolished. Bradley pulled it together in the 2nd half.

Minor injury scare when Eastman limped off the court. He was actually the one bright spot in the 1st half and was making things happen offensively. He came back in later, so it must not have been a big deal. Walt Lemon and DSE seemed to take it to the basket more in the 2nd half and BU was getting fouled a lot driving in the paint. Reminded me a lot of how they played in the past couple years, but at least they made the adjustment at half and it seemed to work for them.

The subs came in with about 3 minutes left. There were a few 3-pointers from various guys on the bench. Also, Nate Wells, the tallest player in the Valley at 7'1" came in for a rebound or two. My first Bradley game of the year in person, so a little bit more of an analysis than normal. Glad they were able to pull off the win at 80-57.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoBraves » November 26th, 2012, 10:10 am

Ugly game all around, but a positive last 10 minutes or so.
Our walk-on, Jimmy Gavin, got some good PT since we struggled from the perimter.
Walt and DSE looked bad for most of the game, which is not a good sign.
This has to be the worst 20+ point blowout I've seen the Braves get in a long time.
Let's get this W on Wednesday to face #3 Michigan on Saturday...which I am fearful of.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball