Alabama A&M At Evansville

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Alabama A&M At Evansville

Postby havoc » November 27th, 2012, 3:07 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
havoc wrote:
shoxrox wrote:I don't understand why a moderator, of all people, would pull out the race card?

Probably for the same reasons the same moderator would plagiarize entire articles.

Not true. The first line said that the article came from "Lintner's UE blog." However, we can only post part of articles and not the whole item.

It is still copyright infringement. I would almost bet my life the user agreement from the site you stole the content said something along the lines of you may not publicly display any of the content on the site without prior permission. I've seen you do the same thing on multiple site multiple times and have seen you been told just about every time it is not legal but you continue to do so. I can only assume you feel you are above the law.

UE's new beat writer does a great job. Post the links and spread the word as much as possible, but posting the content elsewhere hurts much more than it helps.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 27th, 2012, 3:08 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:DJ, there you go again with your "his-story." You forgot to tell the board that your posts were also deleted because you went postal on me.

Very true. Once I had been labelled a racist, by someone who does not know me, my family or my family history, I got mad. I suspect I would not be unique in that regard.

DJ, no one can label you. Your words label themselves. Just like my words label me.

Unbelievable.

How is it that this guy gets to remain a moderator?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 27th, 2012, 3:39 pm

havoc wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:
havoc wrote:Probably for the same reasons the same moderator would plagiarize entire articles.

Not true. The first line said that the article came from "Lintner's UE blog." However, we can only post part of articles and not the whole item.

It is still copyright infringement. I would almost bet my life the user agreement from the site you stole the content said something along the lines of you may not publicly display any of the content on the site without prior permission. I've seen you do the same thing on multiple site multiple times and have seen you been told just about every time it is not legal but you continue to do so. I can only assume you feel you are above the law.

UE's new beat writer does a great job. Post the links and spread the word as much as possible, but posting the content elsewhere hurts much more than it helps.

Is this a picture of Lintner? Image
Why do you think AceDad would be so openly disrespectful to a guy like that? :huh:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces0976 » November 27th, 2012, 3:45 pm

I just dont understand what the fuss is all about, entering our game, A&M had a 2-2 record. They had victories over the always tough Miles and the powerhouse program of Oakwood. These are programs so good that division one basketball can clearly not contain them.
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » November 27th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Aces0976 wrote:I just dont understand what the fuss is all about, entering our game, A&M had a 2-2 record. They had victories over the always tough Miles and the powerhouse program of Oakwood. These are programs so good that division one basketball can clearly not contain them.

:Beer: :Yea!: :dance: :Cheers: :bounce: :bow: :+1: :+1: :+1:

That made me laugh out loud. Great work!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » November 27th, 2012, 4:10 pm

UE's new beat writer does a great job. Post the links and spread the word as much as possible, but posting the content elsewhere hurts much more than it helps.[/quote]

Havoc, you are correct. I should have posted the link and not most of the article. Consider me counseled.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » November 27th, 2012, 4:12 pm

Why do you think AceDad would be so openly disrespectful to a guy like that?

DJ, I attributed the article and the words to the author. That is not disrespect. However, has Havoc has said, I need to be careful of copy infringement.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 29th, 2012, 10:05 pm

sixth ace wrote:Last night I had to lay on the asphalt in the blowing rain and snow, trying to get my spare tire down. One of the player's uncle, drove from Kokomo to see his freshman nephew play,had the tool I needed to cut the cable as the hoist was jam. His nephew played at AAMU. I'm thankful that we support under funded school who help young athletes realize a dream, a college education. If one game or even 10 games help educate America without a hand out but a handup, I'm for it. Shame on the privileged to deny their access,just another discrimination

Ut oh. Fifth wheel is spouting liberal talking points.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 29th, 2012, 10:09 pm

sixth ace wrote:no I'm Not race baiting I'm one of the older of twelve white children who had to go to service to go to college People ask me where I went to school SoutheastAsia U and then to a college. University education is a necessary, forgive me trade schools you too are necessary,to live an American dream of being better off,provide your kids an education and provide a better living than your parents provided you. Yes my parent live in accordance with papal preaching. I wouldn't trade any of my brothers or sisters. I know what it's like not to have them. My younger brother died on 9-30-12.

It does relate to this board as it is the team UE chose to play. They are into giving a hand up, not hand outs

Oh boy.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » November 29th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Can we please have some content in these threads instead of posters arguing with mods? I just wasted 5 minutes reading this worthless thread because I thought there might be a trace of information hidden somewhere among the bickering.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball