Evansville Aces at Colorado State (Dec 1st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville Aces at Colorado State (Dec 1st)

Postby minus55 » December 1st, 2012, 6:02 pm

minus55 wrote:
shoxrox wrote:This one wasn't even close to what the final score indicated. But for Evansville and its fans, it's a win.

The last part of your statement is completely asinine.

Now that I think about it, so was the first part.
minus55
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » December 1st, 2012, 6:03 pm

Mock had a nice game and the other freshman, Balentine, lit it up with 26.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » December 1st, 2012, 6:23 pm

Ace Dad wrote:Feel good?

Come on over on our thread and kick sand in our face?

Most of us are rooting for the other Valley teams to do well. Did you get the message?

I feel fine, thanks for asking.
Unlike the more important Alabama A&M game thread, nothing much was given during this Evansville game thread. I made an informative statement for those logging on to read this thread that may just be seeing the final score and not what actually transpired throughout the course of the game. It was an 18 point CSU lead with 7 minutes left. They played uninspired the rest of the way. I'll admit the last part was intended mainly for you, who always seems to try to make moral victories out of losses.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » December 1st, 2012, 7:24 pm

shoxrox wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:Feel good?

Come on over on our thread and kick sand in our face?

Most of us are rooting for the other Valley teams to do well. Did you get the message?

I feel fine, thanks for asking.
Unlike the more important Alabama A&M game thread, nothing much was given during this Evansville game thread. I made an informative statement for those logging on to read this thread that may just be seeing the final score and not what actually transpired throughout the course of the game. It was an 18 point CSU lead with 7 minutes left. They played uninspired the rest of the way. I'll admit the last part was intended mainly for you, who always seems to try to make moral victories out of losses.

Live for awhile and you will learn that there are always moral victories (things that we learn) in loss, defeat, or tragedy. A team that is down by 12 points at halftime can either feel sorry for themselves or go out and play. The Aces came out and played. On to the next game.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 1st, 2012, 8:40 pm

I tend to disagree with the concept of moral victories in athletic competition. When you lose, you lose. That's not to say that there aren't lessons to be had from a loss. There certainly are, and there is always the glimmer of hope that can be seen by a freshman leading your team in scoring.

One thing that some Aces fans have not learned from their recent losses is that Evansville is a mediocre MVC team. Perhaps that will change and the freshman will get better, but at this point the Aces only shot of a tourney bid rests in St. Louis. That's okay, I didn't expect them to do better than that, but I know some Aces fans did.

Good luck the rest of the way and I hope it comes together for Evansville soon.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » December 1st, 2012, 8:47 pm

Wufan wrote:One thing that some Aces fans have not learned from their recent losses is that Evansville is a mediocre MVC team. Perhaps that will change and the freshman will get better, but at this point the Aces only shot of a tourney bid rests in St. Louis. That's okay, I didn't expect them to do better than that, but I know some Aces fans did.

Thanks for the bait ! Always love a great challenge. UE fell again against a ranked a top 50 team by 7. Kentucky lost to Baylor today and Notre Dame last week. There is a journey you'll need to make. It's to Evansville. Right now I'm not sure of the date but it'll be soon. Hope to see you there. I'm comin to Koch this year, hope to meet you..
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » December 1st, 2012, 8:49 pm

oh by the way ....Is Wichita up like 5200 feet...I know some of the noses in the area are..
:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 1st, 2012, 8:55 pm

sixth ace wrote:
Wufan wrote:One thing that some Aces fans have not learned from their recent losses is that Evansville is a mediocre MVC team. Perhaps that will change and the freshman will get better, but at this point the Aces only shot of a tourney bid rests in St. Louis. That's okay, I didn't expect them to do better than that, but I know some Aces fans did.

UE fell again against a ranked a top 50 team by 7. Kentucky lost to Baylor today and Notre Dame last week. .

That's what I was trying to point out. Evansville is not currently a top 50 team, hence no at large bid. Stop acting like they are.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » December 1st, 2012, 9:26 pm

No my point was that Kentucky was ranked 8th as of today. Until the games are played and the scores are netted out then who knows where they'll fall. Way to early in the season to get all out of control over programs that are overrespected in years that they aren't much . The Valley could end up being the nations 3-4th conference We don't know this early. Ie Kentucky ..UNC ...
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » December 1st, 2012, 9:31 pm

sixth ace wrote:The Valley could end up being the nations 3-4th conference We don't know this early.

you must not understand math - there is no chance for the MVC to be ranked 3rd or 4th. MVC SOS is no where near good enough and the for some reason the NCAA hasn't been giving the MVC any credit for the moral victories so therefore the winning pct for the league is weak.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball