Creighton love........

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton love........

Postby shoxrox » November 30th, 2012, 11:20 am

Aces1982 wrote:
shoxrox wrote:Hold your horses there Jay26. There's really only one WSU fan you need to be directing your angst against. No need to make generalizations. What does WCC stand for? I'm not too smart but I'm guessing its a funny, clever acronym for something?
I would say our UNLV win was our signature win last year but I do appreciate your point of view as a Creighton fan on who you thought our signature win was. But I will admit, the 21 point bludgeoning in Omaha was right up there.

Fever shows up for last 4 weeks under new name. Welcome back.

You're late to the party, but if you want him back I can PM him on Shockernet for you.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 1st, 2012, 12:19 am

Jays26 wrote:
You feel or you hope? I feel your prediction is going to come back to bite you in the ass.

I predict we won't get swept by Creighton. In fact, I predict that our first meeting is going to be quite the wake up call for Club BJ. Your team will not have seen a team like Wichita State prior to January 17 and it's going to be a physical affair. I just hope that BJ doesn't fold and it turns into a blow-out like last year in your barn. That would be a huge disappointment.

I can tell you this, if BJ wins in Wichita, they will have earned it and they will later consider if the victory was worth what they had to sacrifice to obtain it. I have never seen a Shocker club more hardened and tenacious than this one. That's not even speaking to the talent and size on our club.

SoW (son of Wookie) will be in full turbo mode hoping to impress daddy Wookie, and Cy will be swinging from his heels (and trying not to get caught while doing so). Club BJ will be pumped out of their mind to play the game they've had circled on their calendar since...forever.

Be careful what you wish for; the game will be a war. Is your team ready for a war against the biggest, most physical team they will see all year?

I feel, that's what I said so that's what I meant.

For just one day it might be fun to live in your fantasy world. It's comical how most WCC fans only remember the outcome of one of the games last year. That's all they talk about because it was their "signature" win last year for them. At least until they got to St. Louis...oh wait...never mind....until they got to the NCAA's...oh wait..never mind...yes, the Jays were their crowning achievement. And so we still hear about it a year later when it has no bearing at all.

Stay in your fantasy land….it makes entertaining reading on our part.

:Cheers:

Our crowning achievement? That would be totally thrashing UNLV when they were a top 20 team. Every time we go up to Omaha we help the Missing Link set a new attendance record. With all the special promotions over the years and the "white outs", I think it's pretty apparent which fan base cares most about our series. The win over Davidson was just as important to the committee as our pummeling of BJ in Bugaha. Beating the BJ's like a Division II school was just icing on the cake.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 3ontheway » December 3rd, 2012, 9:22 am

shoxrox, i think WCC stands for Wichita Commuter College or Wichita Community College. I am not sure which one it is.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 3rd, 2012, 3:00 pm

3ontheway wrote:shoxrox, i think WCC stands for Wichita Commuter College or Wichita Community College. I am not sure which one it is.

I always thought it meant Wichita Class of the Conference. Commuter college? You mean like UCLA?

Here's the real question: does everybody know what BJ means?

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 3ontheway » December 4th, 2012, 8:51 am

don't shoot the messenger wild man. i was just stating what wcc is meant to stand for when wsu is referred to as wcc. i'm not sure how much ucla and wsu are alike in any way.

bj stands for william jefferson clinton.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball