Creighton love........

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Creighton love........

Postby Jays26 » November 27th, 2012, 4:27 pm

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... epiphanies

1. Creighton is your mid-major crush
They have everything you want in a sexy small conference team. There's the superstar, Doug McDermott, who seems to score every time he touches the ball in the post. He’s my new pick for Player of the Year. There's Ethan Wragge, who's shooting 58.3 percent from 3 so far and runs a wildly effective corner-to-post two-man offense with McDermott......

Figured I'd start a place to post all the love Creighton is getting lately. :Yea!:

Other MVC teams are getting some nice pub also.....keep it up!
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Creighton love........

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Creighton love........

Postby Ace Dad » November 27th, 2012, 4:32 pm

"This is a legitimate top-10 team, and they probably have the best shot of any school in the country at going undefeated. "

Creighton University may win all 9 home games. However, the road is different. Does this guy know how brutal the Valley can be? Does he realize that there are at least 3-5 Valley teams that may upset the Jays?
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » November 27th, 2012, 4:39 pm

Dickie V's player of the week......Doug

http://www.dickvitaleonline.com/dicks-p ... et-16.html
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » November 27th, 2012, 5:00 pm

Does he realize that there are at least 3-5 Valley teams that may upset the Jays?

I'll give you 3 that "may" upset the Jays.....any others would be a fluke. ;)
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 27th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Ace Dad wrote:"This is a legitimate top-10 team, and they probably have the best shot of any school in the country at going undefeated. "

Creighton University may win all 9 home games. However, the road is different. Does this guy know how brutal the Valley can be? Does he realize that there are at least 3-5 Valley teams that may upset the Jays?

The author of that article: http://www.grantland.com/contributor/_/name/shane-ryan

I see a trend.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » November 27th, 2012, 5:10 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:"This is a legitimate top-10 team, and they probably have the best shot of any school in the country at going undefeated. "

The author of that article: http://www.grantland.com/contributor/_/name/shane-ryan

I see a trend.

:huh:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ace Dad » November 27th, 2012, 5:13 pm

There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » November 27th, 2012, 5:25 pm

The Jays were 2 miracles from being 16-2 last season in conference, and I don't know anyone that thinks they aren't better this year.

He didn't say they were likely to go undefeated. He said they had the best chance to go undefeated. Last I counted there were 33 undefeated teams. 18 are from power conferences where there is virtually no chance any team will go undefeated. Of the other 15, ECU, USM and UH all would have to go through Memphis. I see nothing out of bounds with that thought. Wyoming and Colorado State have 0 chance of going undefeated. Eastern Kentucky will never get past Murray State, Illinois and WVU, Santa Clara would have to get by Duke and Gonzaga X2 for starters, Charlotte in the tough A-10 has no shot, Temple has Duke and the 'Cuse + the A10 and Stephen F Austin, please.

Ohio would have to win @ Memphis, @ Umass and @ OU in addition to their league. New Mexico is probably only an underdog @ Cincinnati and @ UNLV the rest of the way. Gonzaga still has (believe it or not) Baylor, K-State, Illinois, @ Butler & @ Oklahoma State plus their conference. That leaves CU and WSU. WSU isn't going undefeated (and nobody thinks they're better than CU) and CU's 2 toughest remaining games OOC are @ Nebraska and @ Cal and they will be favored, heavily, in both.

I guess you could argue that New Mexico is slightly more likely to go undefeated, but I wouldn't try to make that argument.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CBB_Fan » November 27th, 2012, 5:35 pm

From what I've seen, 3 teams have a "chance" to go undefeated. Gonzaga, Creighton, and Wichita State. All three are undefeated mid-majors with top 25 quality teams.

Gonzaga, however, will have a incredibly difficult schedule compared to Wichita State. Creighton is more likely to go undefeated than Wichita State, so I would say Creighton is the team most likely to go undefeated through conference play.

However, the odds are extremely slim that Creighton will be able to beat UNI, IllSt, and Wichita State both at home and on the road. And there is always a chance in the Valley for a ref to absolutely hate you for one game, and push another team to victory.
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » November 27th, 2012, 6:12 pm

I think CU is the class of the MVC and a legit top 15 (possibly 10) team. However I 'll bet they have at least one conference loss to a bottom tier team like SIU or MSU (painful to say but true) . That seems to happen almost every year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball