Creighton love........

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton love........

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 29th, 2012, 3:02 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:
Jet915 wrote:There is a good chance St. Joe's beats us on Saturday, they beat us last year and have everyone back on their team.

They will overlook you because they have everyone back and you will win by 7 points.

I hope so! They are scary athletic though...

You ain't seen scary athletic yet...

It's a great day..

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » November 29th, 2012, 3:47 pm

The Sun rose this morning and the mighty Jays will be back and better. Sometimes a loss isn't a bad thing in a LONG season. Wonder how WCC will react when they run into their first buzz saw.

Still feel we will sweep the shockers this year! What's your prediction? Just so we have it on record.

:Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheShock » November 29th, 2012, 3:54 pm

He says it's 'Cold' outside, there must be some Bluebirds in the atmosphere...

TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » November 29th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Jays26 wrote:

The Sun rose this morning and the mighty Jays will be back and better. Sometimes a loss isn't a bad thing in a LONG season. Wonder how WCC will react when they run into their first buzz saw.

Still feel we will sweep the shockers this year! What's your prediction? Just so we have it on record.

I know its a ways off but I cant wait for the CU WSU games this year. Should be epic. Still think CU has the edge but if WSU has is hitting shots.........could easily go the other way.

I'm sure there will be a lot of entertaining trash talking on here too.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 29th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Jays26 wrote:

You feel or you hope? I feel your prediction is going to come back to bite you in the ass.

I predict we won't get swept by Creighton. In fact, I predict that our first meeting is going to be quite the wake up call for Club BJ. Your team will not have seen a team like Wichita State prior to January 17 and it's going to be a physical affair. I just hope that BJ doesn't fold and it turns into a blow-out like last year in your barn. That would be a huge disappointment.

I can tell you this, if BJ wins in Wichita, they will have earned it and they will later consider if the victory was worth what they had to sacrifice to obtain it. I have never seen a Shocker club more hardened and tenacious than this one. That's not even speaking to the talent and size on our club.

SoW (son of Wookie) will be in full turbo mode hoping to impress daddy Wookie, and Cy will be swinging from his heels (and trying not to get caught while doing so). Club BJ will be pumped out of their mind to play the game they've had circled on their calendar since...forever.

Be careful what you wish for; the game will be a war. Is your team ready for a war against the biggest, most physical team they will see all year?

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » November 29th, 2012, 4:35 pm

glm38 wrote:
Jays26 wrote:

I know its a ways off but I cant wait for the CU WSU games this year. Should be epic. Still think CU has the edge but if WSU has is hitting shots.........could easily go the other way.

I'm sure there will be a lot of entertaining trash talking on here too.

There are several posters on this forum registered as Shockers, but are really BJ fans. It would actually be kind of cute if it wasn't so obvious.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MetDrakeFan » November 30th, 2012, 3:34 am

I'm quite high on the ceiling of the Shocks. I've not seeing this type of defence since the Tony Young days at SIU. I'm high on the shockers potential IF they can maintain this intensity. I've seen a significant dropoff (to this years Shocker standard, probably cause of losing Orukoe).

Stay humble, you've been at this level for the last two years. Keep it going, dominate on defense and develop your weakest point this year, your offense. You've got a fire about your team that I haven't seen in the Valley since SIU hay day. I've seen lesser teams with the same intensity give national title contenders fits. YOUR DEFENSE KEYS ALL THIS YEAR. Keep that in mind when teams capitulate on your offense.

As a final note, you were picked as " lowly" as 4th in a tough Valley because you had so many unknowns.
MetDrakeFan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Jays26 » November 30th, 2012, 9:10 am

You feel or you hope? I feel your prediction is going to come back to bite you in the ass.

I predict we won't get swept by Creighton. In fact, I predict that our first meeting is going to be quite the wake up call for Club BJ. Your team will not have seen a team like Wichita State prior to January 17 and it's going to be a physical affair. I just hope that BJ doesn't fold and it turns into a blow-out like last year in your barn. That would be a huge disappointment.

I can tell you this, if BJ wins in Wichita, they will have earned it and they will later consider if the victory was worth what they had to sacrifice to obtain it. I have never seen a Shocker club more hardened and tenacious than this one. That's not even speaking to the talent and size on our club.

SoW (son of Wookie) will be in full turbo mode hoping to impress daddy Wookie, and Cy will be swinging from his heels (and trying not to get caught while doing so). Club BJ will be pumped out of their mind to play the game they've had circled on their calendar since...forever.

Be careful what you wish for; the game will be a war. Is your team ready for a war against the biggest, most physical team they will see all year?

I feel, that's what I said so that's what I meant.

For just one day it might be fun to live in your fantasy world. It's comical how most WCC fans only remember the outcome of one of the games last year. That's all they talk about because it was their "signature" win last year for them. At least until they got to St. Louis...oh wait...never mind....until they got to the NCAA's...oh wait..never mind...yes, the Jays were their crowning achievement. And so we still hear about it a year later when it has no bearing at all.

Stay in your fantasy land….it makes entertaining reading on our part.

Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » November 30th, 2012, 11:00 am

Hold your horses there Jay26. There's really only one WSU fan you need to be directing your angst against. No need to make generalizations. What does WCC stand for? I'm not too smart but I'm guessing its a funny, clever acronym for something?
I would say our UNLV win was our signature win last year but I do appreciate your point of view as a Creighton fan on who you thought our signature win was. But I will admit, the 21 point bludgeoning in Omaha was right up there.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces1982 » November 30th, 2012, 11:15 am

shoxrox wrote:Hold your horses there Jay26. There's really only one WSU fan you need to be directing your angst against. No need to make generalizations. What does WCC stand for? I'm not too smart but I'm guessing its a funny, clever acronym for something?
I would say our UNLV win was our signature win last year but I do appreciate your point of view as a Creighton fan on who you thought our signature win was. But I will admit, the 21 point bludgeoning in Omaha was right up there.

Fever shows up for last 4 weeks under new name. Welcome back.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball