Tulsa at WSU 11/28

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Tulsa at WSU 11/28

Postby shoxrox » November 28th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Great win over an old rival. Manning actually was greeted by a loud array of cheers, a classy move by WSU fans.

Tulsa is athletic as hell. You can tell they're a young team that has a first year coach. In 2 years, I think they'll be back towards the top of the perch in CUSA.

I wonder how many people got burnt on the points tonight. WSU may rely on defense a lot of nights but they proved they have a legit offense too. And this without having a good night from the charity stripe.

Air Force is going to be a doozy. Seriously.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shoxrox » November 28th, 2012, 10:24 pm

sixth ace wrote:ok if you must.... Buffalo was in the 190's when UE played them. They then went on to lose 3-4 game and their rpi went to crap. Ok UE playe AAMU who iusn't a high RPI team and played the bench and walk ons and still won by 20-25 points I said it was a good win.

You play the RPI game and then follow it with the too early in the season shtick. Most teams go to crap when they start losing, i.e. Buffalo, mainly because they're a crap team.

I'm really not getting your point here. WSU won the game by 26 against a young but decent squad from Conference USA. You need to pick your battles a little better.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » November 28th, 2012, 10:27 pm

Shocker bench out-scores Tulsa's bench 36-13. I like the rivalry even more now that a chicken-hawker is heading up the 'Cane program. Come back real soon, Danny. I vividly remember the game in the '86-'87 season when we sent you packing with a loss, allowing you to score only 11 points. It was a special joy to make it 2-0 over you lifetime tonight.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » November 28th, 2012, 10:28 pm

sixth ace wrote:ok if you must.... Buffalo was in the 190's when UE played them. They then went on to lose 3-4 game and their rpi went to crap. Ok UE playe AAMU who iusn't a high RPI team and played the bench and walk ons and still won by 20-25 points I said it was a good win.

That is the dumbest arguement I have ever heard.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 28th, 2012, 10:32 pm

sixth ace wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:
sixth ace wrote:Isn't Tulsa RPI like 190's High fives on that one. :dance: :dance: :dance: Glad you won.

What is Buffalo's RPI?

nobody cares it's early in the season

Buffalo RPI is going to be in the mid-200's most likely.

And you are right nobody will care about whether evansville won or lost against Buffalo since they won't likely be involved in NCAA at-large post season discussion anyway when it is all said and done.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » November 28th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
sixth ace wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:Isn't Tulsa RPI like 190's High fives on that one. :dance: :dance: :dance: Glad you won.

What is Buffalo's RPI?

Buffalo RPI is going to be in the mid-200's most likely.

And you are right nobody will care about whether evansville won or lost against Buffalo since they won't likely be involved in NCAA at-large post season discussion anyway when it is all said and done.

That's right when you win the autobid nobody gives a rats ass about the at large problems...

By the way Had you done the research Tulsa isn't a 190 rpi team but as usual WSU fans walk in shout off the uneducated non research answers....as always
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 28th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Fifth Ace is annoying.

I wonder, if he delights in making dumb statements.

Maybe he is a teenager or somethin'.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » November 28th, 2012, 11:16 pm

I was pretty humored with sixth ace calling other people "uneducated", given the nature of his unreadable "script" and very fragile, it not, illogical arguments.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » November 28th, 2012, 11:17 pm

so you got caught in the trap, so it goes to name calling .... typical
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 28th, 2012, 11:20 pm

sixth ace wrote:
That's right when you win the autobid nobody gives a rats ass about the at large problems...

CIT gives auto-bids?

By the way Had you done the research Tulsa isn't a 190 rpi team but as usual WSU fans walk in shout off the uneducated non research answers....as always

really ...do tell where I said anything about Tulsa RPI, or is this here chat room to fancy for you? or are you struggling to keep up?

BTW, Tulsa RPI jumped up after losing to WSU to 148, that is about 30 places higher EU.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball