Tulsa at WSU 11/28

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Tulsa at WSU 11/28

Postby shocktheheart » November 28th, 2012, 11:24 pm

What is Buffalo's RPI?[/quote]
Buffalo RPI is going to be in the mid-200's most likely.

And you are right nobody will care about whether evansville won or lost against Buffalo since they won't likely be involved in NCAA at-large post season discussion anyway when it is all said and done.[/quote]

That's right when you win the autobid nobody gives a rats ass about the at large problems...

By the way Had you done the research Tulsa isn't a 190 rpi team but as usual WSU fans walk in shout off the uneducated non research answers....as always[/quote]

Real Time RPI as on now:

19. Creighton
21. WSU
135 Tulsa
140 Buffalo
150 Evasville

I don't see the point
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shoxrox » November 28th, 2012, 11:32 pm

sixth ace wrote:so you got caught in the trap, so it goes to name calling .... typical

The trap?
I didn't see much name calling, except for maybe "a teenager", which is how you're acting right now. I mean what do you expect when you're the only one smart enough to troll a WSU thread.. not after a brutal loss, mind you, but a 26 point victory? What is your logic behind all of this? Tulsa is certainly no Alabama A&M if that's what you're trying to get at. And your RPI smacktalking sure isn't looking good given the above-mentioned RPI numbers.

I think it's time for beddy bye.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bcg » November 28th, 2012, 11:32 pm

A couple things from the box score stood out to me:
1) 23 assists / 8 turnovers will win you alot of games.
2) Attendance 10389 - I can't remember what the normal sellout attendance number is, but this doesn't look like it.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » November 28th, 2012, 11:38 pm

bcg wrote:A couple things from the box score stood out to me:
1) 23 assists / 8 turnovers will win you alot of games.
2) Attendance 10389 - I can't remember what the normal sellout attendance number is, but this doesn't look like it.

Short about 150the fans, but the game was on local tv
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shocker_Phi » November 28th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Lol, sixth ace looking arrogent as hell right now. :Beer:
Shocker_Phi
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Aargh » November 29th, 2012, 12:52 am

I agree with SixthAce. A W over Tulsa isn't going to mean much one way or thew other. It's probably going to look better than a W over Buffalo by the end of the season. Tulsa looks like a team that will be better by the end of the season.

Even with that, I doubt WSU's 26-point W over Tulsa will be any more valuable by the end of the season than UE's W over Buffalo. I'm sorry, but I can't remember UE's margin of victory over Buffalo for comparison.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoBraves » November 29th, 2012, 9:28 am

shocktheheart wrote:
sixth ace wrote:ok if you must.... Buffalo was in the 190's when UE played them. They then went on to lose 3-4 game and their rpi went to crap. Ok UE playe AAMU who iusn't a high RPI team and played the bench and walk ons and still won by 20-25 points I said it was a good win.

That is the dumbest arguement I have ever heard.

Right on, STH...and maybe Funniest too! :lol:
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoBraves » November 29th, 2012, 9:34 am

Aargh wrote:I agree with SixthAce.

Even with that, I doubt WSU's 26-point W over Tulsa will be any more valuable by the end of the season than UE's W over Buffalo. I'm sorry, but I can't remember UE's margin of victory over Buffalo for comparison.

Uuuummm... you might want to look at the result of the UE game vs. Buffalo. Maybe a moral victory, but short of a WIN.
I think their margin of loss was 6.

Let's end the discussion - nice win for Wichita St. at home, as the Shox keep rolling. No harm to their RPI - Good for the Valley.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jays26 » November 29th, 2012, 9:36 am

MoBraves wrote:

Uuuummm... you might want to look at the result of the UE game vs. Buffalo. Maybe a moral victory, but short of a WIN.

Let's end the discussion - nice win for Wichita St. at home, as the Shox keep rolling. No harm to their RPI - Good for the Valley.

Yikes!! That went WAY over this guys head. :lol:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 29th, 2012, 10:02 am

MoBraves wrote:

You missed Aargh's tongue in cheek humor.

Of course, Aargh knew Buffalo won the game.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball