Bradley 82, Central Michigan 65

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby tribecalledquest » November 28th, 2012, 10:23 pm

A surprisingly easy win for Bradley tonight, on the road, against Central Michigan. Yeah, CMU isn't very good but a 17-point road win is still a 17-point road win.

Bradley had a double-digit lead for most of the night. Probably the best performance of the year for BU. Bradley still didn't shoot it well but BU scored 66 points in the paint which is almost unheard of. Bradley has been scoring a lot of points somehow this season.

17 points for Jordan Prosser, 17 for Tyshon Pickett, 14 each for Simms Edwards and Lemon, Jr. and Jake Eastman still continues to make shots and scored 12.

This team is taking the personality of Geno Ford's Kent State teams. Still a bottom tier MVC team but far more competitive. Bradley defends, plays very tough and rebounds.

The Braves are 5-1 and host #3 Michigan on Saturday on ESPNU. It will be the highest ranked team to ever play in Carver Arena. I just want to see BU compete and not get blown out of the gym.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bradley 82, Central Michigan 65

Postby sixth ace » November 28th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Nice win and good Luck
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bcg » November 28th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Only 9 turnovers all game against a full court press was nice to see.

Keno Davis has his work cut out for him.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoBraves » November 29th, 2012, 9:17 am

tribecalledquest wrote:A surprisingly easy win for Bradley tonight, on the road, against Central Michigan. Yeah, CMU isn't very good but a 17-point road win is still a 17-point road win.

Bradley had a double-digit lead for most of the night. Probably the best performance of the year for BU.
The Braves are 5-1 and host #3 Michigan on Saturday on ESPNU. It will be the highest ranked team to ever play in Carver Arena. I just want to see BU compete and not get blown out of the gym.

The win was very convincing for me, and the best in the GF era IMO. I think we'll play like we have nothing to lose on Saturday and make things..."interesting".

We looked much more physical than CMU - something we didn't see much last year.
I like our inside game more and more. Pross, Pickett, and Egolf can contend with most teams in the Valley. If we had an outside game with better 3-point shooting, I think we would be an easy middle-pack Valley team, but considering our extreme weakness and inconsistency from long range, we are headed for Thursday in St. Louie! But a very promising start to the season for the Braves.
Hopeful of getting to 8 wins before conference play starts (more than total # of wins all of last season!)
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball