December 1 - Huge day for the Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: December 1 - Huge day for the Valley

Postby Ace Dad » November 30th, 2012, 11:26 pm

"There's a reason why McD is a pre-season AA and a national PoY candidate, but is projected at #70 in the NBA draft if he were to declare for the NBA."

I do not like NBA basketball and do not follow it very much. Which site provides the best predictions? I saw these two:

#22 http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

#46 http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 1st, 2012, 12:22 am

Aargh wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Aargh has, Wufan. That is why I questioned his post.

I'm supposed to apologize or something for supporting the members of the team I support?

Basketball is played on two ends of the court. J.T. Durley may have scored in the 12-point range through his first 3 years at WSU, but he was giving up 20 or so on the other end of the court. He got some boards, but he was still a negative points guy because of his D in his first 3 years at WSU.

Doug McDermott has glitzy stats on points and rebounds, but he doesn't play D and he's not that effective against athletic PF's who are quicker than he is. Doug is an outstanding player, but his stats are a bit padded by the system CU plays. There's a reason why McD is a pre-season AA and a national PoY candidate, but is projected at #70 in the NBA draft if he were to declare for the NBA.

I reserve my appreciation for players with a complete game - those who play both ends of the court. I also have a lot of fondness for players who get their stats as part of their team - rather than being their team.

This post is pretty much as accurate of an account of the situation as you are going to get. Well said Aargh!

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 1st, 2012, 12:28 am

Wufan wrote:The biggest reason why has been 6-8 juco transfer Cleanthony Early, whom Marshall -- back in November 2011 -- called "the most complete offensive player I have recruited in my tenure at Wichita State". Early has backed that up by posting a nearly identical usage/efficiency profile to the Valley's most famous player, Creighton's Doug McDermott, albeit in fewer minutes…"

Number 16, at the bottom: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... =cb_t11_a0

Oopsie.

And SoW could only dream of being the kind of athlete and defensive presence Cle' has been for us.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Heinro » December 1st, 2012, 5:19 pm

Bad day for the Valley unfortunately. Didn't embarrass ourselves in any game, but got no big help for the RPI either.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby GoShockers89 » December 1st, 2012, 5:22 pm

Last edited by GoShockers89 on August 11th, 2013, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoShockers89
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Heinro » December 1st, 2012, 5:26 pm

Yes, league RPI could be drastically better with just a few more of those. What is even worse is I think there is even more parity in the league this year. I'm sensing a lot of bad RPI losses through conference play for multiple teams.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » December 1st, 2012, 6:09 pm

Really good showing by MVC teams for the most part, but not much to show in the W column.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Snaggletooth » December 1st, 2012, 6:29 pm

MVC off to great start today with 5-1 start (1 win and 4 moral victories).
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 1st, 2012, 8:58 pm

UNI up 7 with 1:35 to go.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » December 1st, 2012, 9:00 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:MVC off to great start today with 5-1 start (1 win and 4 moral victories).

Day ends at 6-1 if we're still counting moral victories.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball