#3 Michigan at Bradley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: #3 Michigan at Bradley

Postby shocker3 » December 1st, 2012, 6:32 pm

A good showing by Bradley. Another moral victory for the Valley. We seem to have a lot of these this year, but what we really need is more actual victories.
http://www.tomsawyer2wayradios.com
shocker3
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GoShockers89 » December 1st, 2012, 7:57 pm

Last edited by GoShockers89 on August 11th, 2013, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoShockers89
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ptownbraves » December 2nd, 2012, 8:12 am

I don't think anyone thought Bradley could actually pull off the win, but to only lose by 8 to a team that beat Kansas State by 14, Pitt by 5 and NC State by 7 sure puts them in good company. The most impressive thing about this game to me is how Bradley was down by double digits late in the 2nd half but fought back to within 5 and actually had a shot to win. It seems like teams in recent years would have given up and it would turn into a 20 point+ bloodbath. This team is going to fight this year and I think this game will give them some confidence to be a legitimate middle of the pack contender in the Valley this year. I don't think your top tier Valley schools will be able to walk into Carver already knowing they have a W.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 2nd, 2012, 8:21 am

ptownbraves wrote:I don't think anyone thought Bradley could actually pull off the win, but to only lose by 8 to a team that beat Kansas State by 14, Pitt by 5 and NC State by 7 sure puts them in good company. The most impressive thing about this game to me is how Bradley was down by double digits late in the 2nd half but fought back to within 5 and actually had a shot to win. It seems like teams in recent years would have given up and it would turn into a 20 point+ bloodbath. This team is going to fight this year and I think this game will give them some confidence to be a legitimate middle of the pack contender in the Valley this year. I don't think your top tier Valley schools will be able to walk into Carver already knowing they have a W.

Agreed. Bradley will be a middling team and will wreak havoc on teams attempting to build an at-large resume.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bcg » December 2nd, 2012, 5:22 pm

Wufan wrote: will wreak havoc on teams attempting to build an at-large resume.

I don't think that will be the case. It's still a team with some serious flaws that will have trouble winning at home against the average teams in the Valley. I assume the top 3-4 teams will sweep Bradley.

In the meantime, Bradley faces three teams at home that also have serious flaws before going to Las Vegas. Bradley is still in a phase where they just need wins, even if they are against bad teams.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball