I think the MVC lost a tournament bid tonight

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: I think the MVC lost a tournament bid tonight

Postby BCPanther » December 3rd, 2012, 9:55 am

Why are we crowning WSU??

Their two best wins are against a VCU team who's best win is a disappointing Memphis (I understand they beat UNI) and Iowa, who UNI will also beat and will finish 8th or so in the Big Ten.

They look good, but I don't think we should be printing up T-shirts just yet...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Khan4Cats » December 3rd, 2012, 10:09 am

BCPanther wrote:Why are we crowning WSU??

Their two best wins are against a VCU team who's best win is a disappointing Memphis (I understand they beat UNI) and Iowa, who UNI will also beat and will finish 8th or so in the Big Ten.

Crown 'em. Well, at least regular season. We know they aren't allowed to compete on a neutral court in St. Louis.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Haha » December 3rd, 2012, 10:27 am

BCPanther wrote:
and Iowa, who UNI will also beat and will finish 8th or so in the Big Ten.

I believe you play Iowa on the 15th of Dec, in other words the future, or are we including last year?
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » December 3rd, 2012, 10:28 am

Haha wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
and Iowa, who UNI will also beat and will finish 8th or so in the Big Ten.

I believe you play Iowa on the 15th of Dec, in other words the future, or are we including last year?

Notice the word 'will'. :Bam:
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Haha » December 3rd, 2012, 10:29 am

Khan4Cats wrote:

Crown 'em. Well, at least regular season. We know they aren't allowed to compete on a neutral court in St. Louis.

Says the fan of the team who just went 0-3 on a neutral court, heyoh! oh what zinger....murrrrrrrrrrr
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 3rd, 2012, 10:47 am

Only a couple of WSU fans have suggested that this team is THE team this year, and certainly nobody in this thread has, so I'm not sure where this hostility is coming from???

As to "Their two best wins", VCU is #38 in RPI and Iowa is #86. St. Joe's and Wisconsin are 65 and 94 respectively. Boise State is #56. UNI has lost to # 13, 105, and 148. Illinois State beat # 122 in UAB and lost to #13 and 81.

WSU currently has the #1 SOS in the Valley at #76.

Contrast that to Northern Iowa's strength of schedule at 241!

The Bluejays and Redbirds have an SOS in the 80s.

At this point in the season, WSU is ranked 1st in the Power rankings. Nothing more. They've earned it, so quit whining.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » December 3rd, 2012, 10:52 am

RPI is a pretty pointless tool this early in the season.

Do you honestly believe that UNI has had the 241'st toughest schedule in in the country this year?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 3rd, 2012, 11:25 am

valleychamp wrote:RPI is a pretty pointless tool this early in the season.

Do you honestly believe that UNI has had the 241'st toughest schedule in in the country this year?

No I don't, but I do believe that WSU has the best win in the conference and, outside of Creighton, the second best win. I also don't understand why BC would go out there with his statement. It was ludicrous and I thought the best way to educate him would be with facts. Here's one more…8-0 versus D-I opponents.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » December 3rd, 2012, 11:34 am

Wufan wrote:
valleychamp wrote:RPI is a pretty pointless tool this early in the season.

No I don't, but I do believe that WSU has the best win in the conference and, outside of Creighton, the second best win. I also don't understand why BC would go out there with his statement. It was ludicrous and I thought the best way to educate him would be with facts. Here's one more…8-0 versus D-I opponents.

I went there because somehow its just assumed that WSU is going to be a tournament team. They are off to a great start, but the vast majority of their roster hasn't played any significant minutes inside any of the tougher Valley venues. It was just an observation. No need to get all worked up about it.

I like the program Marshall has put together and understand that if the Valley is going to get 3 or 4, WSU has to be part of that equation. The guy acts like a clown half the time, but results are all that matter. :D
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 3rd, 2012, 11:48 am

I don't think anyone is crowning WSU except Cold and maybe one other, yet you felt the need to post in opposition to the Shockers with no basis and no facts. Don't be surprised if you get a response after a silly statement.

OTOH, if I were to say: Why is anyone even talking like UNI has a shot at an at large bid? It's obvious that Louisville is overrated and Stanford and Memphis are mediocre at best. Panthers were 9-9 last year and have shown they are not capable of repeating that record. Thursday for sure!

That's an out of no where statement that would demand a response.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball